when do you stop loosing weight? Please help..

juicybooty2008
on 10/17/11 11:22 pm
I had my surgery April 22, 2010 and I am still loosing weight. I don't feel well majority of the time. Ive called my doc office numerous times about having diarrhea and they say since i had my gallbladder removed I can have this up to 2yrs. When i told them i have pain on my right side or in my tummy they say go on 3 day clear liquid diet. Ive had an ulcer since Nov 24, 2010. I just had a procedure and they found another one so i have 2 ulcers. Ive lost 134pds and I've only exercised prob like 2 times. I just want to get better and I'm not. I was also told that during the surgery there is a nerve that's cut which you cant get back and that's why i have the dumping syndrome all the time. Can anyone help me please?
Patti1md
on 10/18/11 12:02 am
I feel so sorry for what you are going through, but it sounds like you need to meet with another doctor and staff. 

cmebducks
on 10/18/11 12:32 am
Defiantly - You need a new doctor team.  I have learned that you have to be your advocate.  Push them if you have to make them listen to you.  I had to beg a doctor to give me an ultrasound and once she gave in we found I had a 1 foot tumor - needless to say I did not let her do the operation.

1165boopie
on 10/18/11 12:44 am - Mocksville, NC
I had my surgery on March 18th. I was doing really good but around Aug I just stop loosing weight maybe inches but not weight. I got on the scale last week I lost 10 pounds so I guess your boby just need to adjust.
I have completed last of my paper work for my surgery. All the paperwork will be sent today. The the next step is to meet with the surgeon then go from there.  I dont know when will they send to my insurnace company. I have CIGNA does anybody have these insurance? did you have any issues.
waitingtoexhale69
on 10/18/11 2:58 am - IL
SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A ROUGH TIME.  BUT i WOULD ALSO SEEK A SECOND OPINION OR LAND ME A NEW DOCTOR AS WELL. Because THEIRS NO WAY YOU SHOULD BE AGONIZED WITH DIARRHEA FOR SUCH A LONG PERIOD OD TIME.  YOU WILL BE IN AN ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE.  And having the Dumping Syndrome all the time sounds really strange and not common as far as I know.  And as far as the pain issue that also sounds very scary.  I know feeling sick and having to manage your own care is a pain in the ......  I have been their where I HAD TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE MYSELF TO GET THINGS MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.  PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED AND LET US KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU NEED HELP WITH. 

poet_kelly
on 10/18/11 8:05 am - OH
You stop losing weight when you begin eating as many calories as you burn in a day.

I would also recommend seeing another doctor.  They are saying that when you have RNY, they cut a nerve that causes you to have dumping syndrome all the time?  I've never heard of that.  Most people do not have dumping syndrome all the time - many do not have it ever!  But they are trying to tell you it's  normal and to be expected?  I don't think that's right.  I don't think it's normal to have diarrhea for two  years after having your gall bladder removed, either.  I sure did not have diarrhea for two years!

Find another doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

scrappygirl8
on 10/18/11 10:03 am
After having over a month of diarrhea after surgery, and not being able to keep barely any food down, and feeling sick EVERY time I ate, and having stomach pain, my surgeon decided to test me for C.Diff..... and LOW and BEHOLD I had it. It is worth getting tested for. It caused my potassium levels to plummit from all the diarrhea and I felt 100% better after just a week of treatment. They told me that a lot of times people catch C.Diff in the hospital, or from being on antibiotics.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 281 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics