"lump in my throat" after eating??? anyone else?

kellyl1202
on 11/9/11 3:27 am
Has anyone else experienced this problem?  After eating (especially  eating chicken or beef) I get a feeling like a lump in my throat for lack of a better description.  I also feel like I need to burp but sometimes can't.  Has anyone else had this feeling? 

I'm not sure if it's what I'm eating, eating too fast or maybe a little too much?  Could it be reflux which I have never had so I don't know what it would feel like.  

Any input is appreciated!

Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

lilbear412
on 11/9/11 3:47 am - MN
 yes...i feel that way right now..i just ate a part of a small banana.  At the same time my lump is in my throat (indicating the way i understand, that i am full) my belly above my belly button is making noise..so its like i am full but the belly thing feels like my stomach is growling but i think its my food from lunch releasing from my pouch?  I can't really tell if i am full or not..and the other night i ate 3 oz of pork, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and about 4 nickle sized brussels sprouts and i swear i could have still ate more..the last time i was at my NUT she said i was suppose to eat around 1/4 cup..ha..i surpassed that a month ago..and i feel guilty for eating a 1/2 cup of food at a meal..or eating more at a meal then 1/2 cup.  I have never gotten sick from overeating and seldom do i "feel" full.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

kellyl1202
on 11/9/11 3:54 am
I can definitely tell when I'm full-that's why Im wondering if I ate a little too much for lunch.  It almost feels like my food is backing up from my pouch.  Maybe I need to cut back on my servings for a while.  Glad you haven't gotten sick any-I have and it is no fun!!

Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11

emt_amy
on 11/9/11 3:47 am - MN
That happens to me a lot. It even happens with liquids. I'll ask tomorrow when I go in to get dilated.
kellyl1202
on 11/9/11 3:52 am
that would be great-let me know what they say if you don't mind.  I ate a few bites of leftover steak for lunch-maybe it's just not sitting well in my pouch.  This happens pretty frequently though.  I 'm going next week to see my surgeon and will ask him when I see him.

Thanks, Kelly
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11

emt_amy
on 11/9/11 3:54 am - MN
Will do!
lilbear412
on 11/9/11 3:59 am - MN
 my surgeon said that my pouch is like under my sternum and if your full you feel that fullness by that heavy feeling in your chest...but i seldom feel that.  but sometimes i feel so full like i just ate a whole turkey by myself or something..lol  its weird..i do feel the lump like in my throat but its been like an hour or more since i have eaten...besides that small 3 bites of banana.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Patti1md
on 11/9/11 4:34 am
I feel this too and want to try to burb it out.  Does not work.

I lay down and sometimes it goes away.

iowa_missie74
on 11/9/11 4:49 am - IA
The minute I start to get full I get this sharp pain between my shoulder blades and if I even take one more bite, I get the feeling of something stuck in my throat...no matter what I do, it won't go away...just has to pass on it's own. Good luck!

silly_sandy
on 11/9/11 4:54 am - IL
I've had this as well.  Only once in awhile thankfully.  I assumed that I ate too fast, but I'm not sure.  I've had it last as long as a week.  Felt like I had a nacho chip stuck sideways in the back of my throat.  Swallowing, drinking or papaya enymes never helped.  It's gotten better the farther out I get.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views