darn it, my back hurts again

poet_kelly
on 11/21/11 11:20 pm - OH
Yeah, I am seeing an orthopedic guy that specializes in backs.  And yeah, I had PT.  didn't help.  Tried a chiropractor and that actually made it worse.  The back doc keeps saying NSAIDS would help but of course I don't want to take those.  I have done oral steroids. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

grmadeb01
on 11/22/11 12:26 am - FL
have you checked into getting a TENS unit? i had gotten a script for one and my insurance covered it, i had a copay tho..but it is a electric stimulate thingy...it has 4 wires you hook up and place sticky pads on where you want it to rub or pluse or stimulate....turn on the machine and adjust how strong it is...i got it due to my herniated disc i have....i would get this done at my chiro office every time i went, its great...now i have my own, just not as strong....i put it on various places i want rubbed...you can use ice or heat with it if you have a heat pac not a heating pad...my chiro sells them for about $70.00 and that is what about what my copay was with the insurace..i also did purchase a message pad, i lay on it, and it has like a rolling table effect that stretches the spine out, goes up and down your back or i can have it do a shiastu where it rubs like knuckles up and down your spine, you can have it to a spot too...everyone in the family has used both of these, my chiro has a rolling table at his office and I LOVED it there..it was about $100.00, just for this christmas i wanted and i got since it was on sale a jeanie rub...i call it my car buffer..looks like it too....make sure you get the adjustable speed one..my chir has this also...and it is total HEAVEN....i lay on my stomach and my hubbby or chiro uses this up and down and all around, oh so nice...i have given everyone in my family a jeanie rub and they all like it...in fact just about 2 weeks ago, it was the "linder house of massage" everyone got the tens unit, the rolling table then we moved to the jeanie rub....everyone slept great that night...now the jenaie rub does vibrate the hands of the person using it, and i did get the pad thingy to go with it as it works better that way, i may have hubby put on some type of rubber handles on the handles to help with the vibration..but now i dont HAVE to go to the chiro to get massaged anymore, just popped..but i get the extras too...i had seen the jeanie rub a few years ago for $300.00 but i just found it for $158.00 so i got my christmas early this year...
i will get a scrpt for it from chiro so i can try and write it off on my taxes...
Kelly, come on over to the "linder house of massage" if you ever down here in sunny florida..i have my air on today as it is hot and humid again, or still..
have a great day
debby
grmadeb01
on 11/22/11 12:28 am - FL
oh i too had to nerve block injection on my back for the disc...i was scheduled for 6 of the, but only got 2, as the first one worked so great..that was over 2 years ago..i had the pain down my leg and into my little toe on the right side, but now with all of my play toys at home, i still have some pain, but not like i use to...i really like the rolling table one as it stretches out the spine..sorry it was so long,
debby
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 134 views