Which is better Gastric Sleeve or Lap Band????

Painted_minis
on 1/1/12 4:45 am
Thank you all, for an insite to this I have apt in winnipeg and Im going to check into the sleeve did some more reasearch on them last night.
I posted this in the area listed hoping to see why you all went this route.

You know alot of places give the testimonial on there sergerys but there is always a catch! so I really dont belive them.. so his was why I was hopeing "REAL" people like your selves has gone through it...

I will do more checking on it before I go ahead as 15,000+ is way too much for me the "Stress" alone owing this to the bank would make me eat more LOL 

The other reason Im hoping this works for me "give me insite if you think its wrong"
I have a really bad back and hips, I go for injections monthly and the doct says that if I loose weight it will be better on me altogether... As before going on the weigh****chers ect...I was able to be more active now with my back, hip ect.... I dont do much except forage the kitchen... I sure hope this helps my back because Im at the end opf my rope with this PAIN from my back... i can bairly move..oh boy...

If there is something I need to know Im so open for ideas!!!
Happy New Year All!!!
Thumbelina
on 1/1/12 5:06 am - MI
 I was talked out of having the Lap band.. I'm so happy that the Surgeons Nurse talked me out of it and I had the RNY!
mustangmama
on 1/1/12 6:17 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12

I had lapband surgery in May 2011 and lost all of my weight within the first year and kept it off until just a few years ago when my weight slowly started to increase due to me having to drink liquids with meals because of swallowing issues.  I never needed a fill in my 4cc band until I started to gain the weight and when I went in to finally get one it was too tight and I could never get to that "sweet" spot so I took all the fill out.  I constantly have a pain that comes and goes around the band and now I can't wait to have it out on January 3rd...I'm revising from lapband to RNY.

When I chose the lapband procedure, I did so because it was reversible and less invasive than rearranging your inners.  Much research has been done on the lapband since 2001 and many people don't achieve the results they want or experience issues with it.  I loved my lapband until the issues with the fills started 7 plus years post-op.

Good luck...

Painted_minis
on 1/1/12 2:59 pm
Is there a best site to see all the info on the RNY?
I really like that you are helping me figgere this out!!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 236 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?