help..confused

tdeason_07
on 1/3/12 5:33 am - NC
when do you stop loosing weight if you have already reached your goal?
poet_kelly
on 1/3/12 5:42 am - OH
You stop losing weight when you start eating as many calories as you burn.

If you start eating more calories than you burn, you'll start gaining weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

paranoidmother21
on 1/3/12 5:53 am - Lake Zurich, IL
And a second component... I reached what DH had hoped I'd get down to, and kept losing. I reached what I thought I might, with luck, get down to, and kept losing. I reached what the insurance company said I should be at, and kept losing.

I panicked! LOL!

Seriously, my body had a point it wanted to be at. When I reached that point, still within the Average BMI range and with a low end of healthy body fat percentage, my body stopped losing and I started maintaining.

Give some consideration to what your body thinks it needs. We (my physicians, family, and myself) had always assumed that I had large bones, beside their being dense and heavy. Not so - I turned out to have very tiny bones, just solid, and so while I weigh less than anyone ever thought I would, I'm healthy.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

jonelle32514
on 1/3/12 6:01 am - Pensacola, FL

I stopped losing when I started maintaining my weight.  I wanted to weigh about 120, so I got down to 110 and then regained the weight my Dr said I would.  He said I would regain about 10%.  I have been at 122 for years now. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/3/12 7:59 am - OH
 You are 5'10" and weigh 122 pounds?!?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views