Angelique J. · 10 replies · 106 views
A distinct change.......
angel91e · 1 replies · 98 views
Most Active

How long does nausea last?

sprkl.plnty
on 2/16/12 10:44 am - WA
RNY on 01/13/12
Every day I battle with nausea all day long. I take my zofran, and that helps, but does anybody out there have any idea how long I can expect this to go on? I called my surgeon's office and I'm waiting to hear something from them, but really, the office person has no idea. Thanks for any info.
Sparkle Plenty        
poet_kelly
on 2/16/12 10:45 am - OH
I don't think you should still be that nauseous this far out.  Your doc needs to do something to determine the cause of the nausea and how to fix it.

Are you getting enough fluids and protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sprkl.plnty
on 2/16/12 10:59 am - WA
RNY on 01/13/12
I could probably do better with the protein. It's so hard to ingest when I'm nauseated all the time.
Sparkle Plenty        
poet_kelly
on 2/16/12 11:01 am - OH
Believe me, I know.  But not getting it in with actually make the nausea worse.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

HouptMom
on 2/16/12 1:41 pm - PA
 I am sooo sorry you are feeling this way, how awful!  My nausea was much improved after I was home a day or two....in the hospital last week just after surgery it was unbearable.
I really have been diligent about getting 64 ounces of fluids in each day.  The surgeon told me this would help  a lot and I think he was right.  When out for a little bit today walking, it was time for a beverage and I started to not feel so well.  After some water and a protein shake I felt lots better.  I hope you feel better soon.  It is hard to get fluids and protein in when you feel poorly, but it is a terrible cycle, it just gets worse and worse.
Please take care and good luck!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

lebrunfive
on 2/16/12 2:10 pm
so sorry you are nauseous!!  I remember it well :(  I was very nauseous for seven weeks--thought it would never go away.  but it does.  and as far as WHEN it goes away, I think everyone is very different.  a call to the doctor is definitely a good idea.
AllyMax
on 2/16/12 4:45 pm - GA
RNY on 01/20/12
I feel your pain 

I had surgery on 1/20 and lately I've been nauseated everyday, typically in the afternoon and throughout the evening. 
 It makes me not want to eat or even drink water but I make sure I am get in all my fluids and my protein is always over 80 grams each day. I'm also still on puree foods and will stay there until my tummy is back to somewhat normal. My surgeon prescribed Promethazine that I took every 6 hours for 4 days after my surgery as prescribed. I have recently refilled the prescription and have been taking it at least every other day. I mentioned my nausea to my surgeon at my two week follow up and he said that it would go away soon. In the meantime, I will continue to carry my prescription with me everywhere I go and some little packets of salt which helps a lot in a pinch.

I hope we both feel better soon 
sprkl.plnty
on 2/16/12 5:28 pm - WA
RNY on 01/13/12
Thanks everyone. I never heard from the doctor today so this really helps.
Sparkle Plenty        
graceinpas
on 2/16/12 8:44 pm
 I have really been dealing with the nausea.  My Dr. diagnosed me as dehydrated which was making it worse (but it's hard to drink when you are nauseous!).
I am on zofran and stopped drinking and eating dairy which was making it worse and finally yesterday and today I am feeling better.

We are not the norm for being nauseous this far out - just so everyone knows.  

I am drinking those **** isopure shakes and eating small amounts of other things that don'r make me feel sick.  But it is helping so for right now I would rather do what keeps the nausea away!  I am sure you know what I mean!

Good luck!!!

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
hedrider
on 2/17/12 3:42 pm - Midlothian, TX
 Mine was more or less gone by that far out, and if I did have it it was intermittent and uncommon.

Are you getting in enough fluids?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Noonybaby
on 4/14/14 9:58 am

Well I'm 3 weeks post op. Nausea has been a problem for me also. My doctors office nurse practitioner has been calling to check up on me. Said I should not still be so nausea. Not throwing up. Want me in tomorrow for IV fluids with glucose. Said it would help me, because I went into serious ketosis.