getting a cold or flu after surgery

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/12 1:30 pm
is getting a cold or flu after surgery a painful ordeal?? i think im getting sick!
mskris8199
on 4/8/12 1:42 pm
RNY on 03/06/12
 Im getting over a pretty bad cold.  I tried chopping up Tylenol sinus which made me want to vomit.  It started Monday and finally went to the doc Thursday.  I left with a steroid shot, an antibiotic and some prescription cough syrup.  I'm just about back to normal.  Good luck and hope you feel better.
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

AngelNichole
on 4/8/12 2:19 pm - OH
RNY on 02/21/12
I got the flu a week after surgery and I was sick for a week dry heaving and going number 2 ..I didnt eat or barley drink for 7 days. It didnt hurt my surgery wounds to bad but It was VERY draining

Gail S.
on 4/8/12 10:55 pm - New York, NY
I don't think it was any more painful than being sick prior to surgery. Hope you feel better soon!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/8/12 10:57 pm - Baltimore, MD
I have had both post-op. No more painful but it is difficult to keep up your fluids. Main thing to remember is that if you ever are sick and it's a choice between food and liquids, choose liquids! You will eat more when you are better but dehydration makes things a whole lot worse.
paranoidmother21
on 4/8/12 11:47 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I had a virus about 8 weeks after surgery - and panicked that my pouch was the problem.

It's not as big a deal as you might think, especially if you keep up the hydration, and, when you can, the protein (I moved back to protein jellos and puddings for a bit).

Just like pre-op, the virus goes away after a while, and then you get back to life.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views