Most Active

3.5 weeks post op weight loss stopped rny

tlenny
on 4/29/12 3:30 pm - Moira, NY
Hi Friends im 3.5 weeks post op and am doing fairly well. My surgery was 4/4/12 rny . My weight loss has stopped im sure this is normal. How long before i start losing again.
poet_kelly
on 4/29/12 3:37 pm - OH
I'm quite sure your weight loss has not stopped less than four weeks post op.  However, you won't lose weight every day or every week.  That's just the way weight loss works.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

smaller annie
on 4/29/12 3:44 pm
can't tell you when, but you will - hang in there

HW: 376   SW: 354  

amn12118
on 4/29/12 4:48 pm
I staled at the same time as you and it lasted maybe a week, week and a half, but losing again. everyones different but its normal to stall here and there..youll start again! :)
mggolf
on 4/29/12 6:03 pm
I'm 4 years out ----  lost 181 pounds.  Some weeks I lost 5 pounds some weeks i stayed the same.   Stick to your diet.  Make sure you start excersizing when you can and things will take care of themselves.  Stay active!!  walk walk walk!!
dasie
on 4/30/12 3:01 am - TX
I had my first stall 3 weeks post op. 

Nixie76
on 4/30/12 5:00 am
RNY on 04/10/12
I didnt lose much from week 2 post-op to week 3.5. So i went about 10 days with no loss! I was frustrated and scared that my body was just refusing to let go of the weight. But YAY! I'm back to seeing the scale move in little increments in the right direction. A lot of postings on here mention a three week stall and mentioned that as our bodies recover from the systemic shock of surgery and the changes that we are forcing upon it, sometimes the scale wont budge! I am relieved I seem to be adjusting finally!
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 4/30/12 7:00 am
RNY on 01/10/12 with
 Apparently it's VERY common to have a stall at 3 weeks post-op.  I didn't lose weight for 10 days at that point.  It's frustrating, but your body is catching up and it will start coming off again.  I promise.  Cross my heart.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming!