A bit OT - Post surgery my hair is very dry and frizzy.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/27/12 11:32 am
There's plenty of stuff at the drug store that works fine for me. I hate to buy something expensive and then get stuck with it.

Aveeno has a new line that seems good. I like the Aussie line of deep conditioners, the Tressemme line of regular conditioners, and Herbal Essences has a leave in conditoner in a spray bottle that seems pretty good.

I also really like a styling spray from Bed Head called Curls Rock but it's kind of pricey (almost 20 bucks).

I avoid sprays with alcolhol because they give me dry, crunch hair. Blech
BrunetteAtty
on 5/27/12 11:33 am
I love one n only argan oil from sallys. great dupe for morrocan oil and kills my frizz in FL heat. good luck!
Dave Chambers
on 5/27/12 12:19 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Many women in my support groups use a product called Mega A Tek, made by Eqyss, part of the same co. that make Ovations Hair Therapy. Although this Mega A Tek is a cream rinbse made for horse tails and manes, it works very well to moisuturize hair and help minimize breakage.  It's far cheaper than Ovations too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

GraceGirl
on 5/27/12 1:02 pm
Original Moroccan oil. Love it.
Linzee33
on 5/28/12 9:22 am
RNY on 01/11/13
Loved reading this post and happy to dish out some knowledge. I'm a licensed cosmetologist and considering getting RNY. Of course, a huge fear of mine is loosing hair and brittle nails. Using Dove shampoo is a No-No. Full of sulfates that not only strip your color but aren't strong enough to give your hair the nutrition it needs now. I understand salon products are expensive but there are some good knock offs you can get at Sally's. When my clients, who dont have color on their hair, come to me in the summer asking how to get chlorine build up out, I tell them to use something like dove or Pantene. It's cheap for a reason. As far as Wen that was mentioned, I don't care for it but definitely just my personal opinion. It tends to leave a heavy film on the hair. A vitamin I suggest to my clients is biotin. Your hair and nails will grow like you just sprayed miracle grow on it. Please, check with your doctor cause as I said, I haven't had the surgery so I haven't asked if it can be taken. The added frizzness in your hair can be attributed to the dryness and lack of enough protein. Hope this helps a little. Good luck! 
Zeigled
on 5/28/12 12:15 pm - Parkton, MD
Thanks everyone - great info
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 498 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?