Essentail oils and hair loss

Linda-P
on 5/26/12 9:19 pm - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
I noticed about a 6 weeks ago ( about 3.5 months post surgery) my hair was growing very slow.  About a week later, I started to lose a lot of hair.  Being a believer in essential oils, I did some research online and came up with a receipe that has slowed my hair loss significantly.  
I used jojoba oil and coconut oil as the base (2 tablespoons each) and 6 drops of each of the following essential oils :  cyrpess oil, Egyptian geranium oil, white thyme oil, ylang ylang oil, lavendar oil, rosemary oil, grapefruit oil, cedarwood oil, and sage oil.  I heat the coconut oil just enough to melt it.  I only make a small amount at the time, since there is no preservative in it.  I apply the oil to my scalp and massage it into the skin, I leave it on my scalp for about an hour.  I do this 3 to 4 times a week.  I have noticed a signficant decrease in hair loss, and my hair looks and feels healthier.  You can purchase the oils from Amazon.  I hope this helps others.

Darcy S.
on 5/26/12 10:06 pm - Clinton, CT
Wow that sounds amazing. I have been taking biotin supplements and that seems to be working too.

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

Lisa S.
on 5/26/12 10:54 pm - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I LOVE essential oils. I use them along with my CPAP. I will have to keep your recipe for post op. I get my oils off ebay...the seller is ribbyrue. Another good one is sleepingdragoncompany. Thanks for sharing.

grmadeb01
on 5/27/12 12:02 am - FL
what do you mix this in...do you make it fresh each time or enought for the week? how much does this mixture cost to invest in the oils in the start?
thanks
debby
Bebhihn
on 5/28/12 2:43 am - IA
 That does sound interesting.  I've starting dabbling, I do an oil facial cleanse with olive oil, castor oil, jojoba and a little tea tree oil that has helped me breakouts.
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views