Vitamins

Dravens_Mommy
on 5/28/12 10:56 am - VA
I don't have a date yet I'm looking at late June/ early July and I would like to start stocking up my vitamins. Do I have to do chewables or can I take regular pills? What brands would you recommend? Thanks.
poet_kelly
on 5/28/12 11:00 am - OH
Most docs recommend chewables in the beginning.  The ASMBS says you can swallow pills whenever you can tolerate it.

Any brand of adult multi is fine as long as it has 100% of the RDA of most things, including minerals like zinc, copper and selenium.  You need two a day.

You also need 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate, iron and B12.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyDipper
on 5/28/12 11:08 am - Canada
Hey Kelly,

I can't remember what my dietician told me so I haven't been doing it but wondering if I can take my 2 multis at the same time?

Thanks!

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
poet_kelly
on 5/28/12 11:09 am - OH
I don't think there is a definite answer to that question, but I recommend against it, as do many surgeons and dieticians, because we can only absorb so much of some vitamins at a time and taking both together may interfere with absorption.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyDipper
on 5/28/12 11:10 am - Canada
 That makes sense, thanks so much!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views