Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice frozen meals

Brittany M.
on 5/31/12 12:30 am
I eat one for lunch most weekdays.  I tend to like the Lean Cuisine brand the best, and stock up when they're on sale.  I always look for the higher protein varieties, and don't worry too much about the carbs.  I tend to stick to protein & veggies at dinner.

Laura in Texas
on 5/31/12 12:33 am
Glad I am not alone!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Larry Wassmann
on 5/31/12 12:45 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I am in the Puree stage and use them so that I can have some variation on what I eat at dinner. I get the ones that do not have a lot of pasta in them. I just take the main part the meat and puree that and eat it. It looks like cat food but does not taste that bad. Don't think I will want one again for a long time after 4 weeks of having one each evening. They are high in salt and some of the meat is what I call mystery meat, but helped me get beyond the puree stage. Real food starts next week. Yaaaaaah

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

kimtres
on 5/31/12 12:49 am - Doha, Qatar
I do have them on occassion.  I like the turkey with green beans. 

Kenochs84
on 5/31/12 12:58 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
 I eat these for lunches during the week.  I buy whichever is on sale either Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones.  My rule of thumb with them is to get ones that have a net carb amount the same or lower then the protein.  I too avoid the pasta ones...every now and then I get the rice ones and have a few bites of the rice.  Pasta doesn't sit well with me anymore!  

I think they are a good solution if you are a busy person and want something that is pre-portioned and you don't have to put too much thought into it.  :)  
SarinaHaas
on 5/31/12 1:22 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
I have a Lean Cuisine at least a few times a week. I stock up (like today) when they are on sale for 5/$10! My favorite is Steak Tips Portabello... steak tips & steamed broccoli. Delicious!
Addie1od
on 5/31/12 1:44 am - philadlephia, PA
I too stock up when they are on a good sale and use them for those go to lunches. i keep them in the freezer at work. I dont particularly like the rice or pasta texture so i eat very little of that part of it, usually less than half. They are not gourmet flavorful but its a quick meal. i like the sun dried tomato chicken steamable. everything in moderation, and this choice is a much better choice than the corned beef special w/ extra dressing and chips i used to eat!
enjoy.
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

gm8376
on 5/31/12 1:50 am
 I do smart ones for lunch almost every weekday.

I aim for high protein, and in the 7 WW points range or lower.

Frances S.
on 5/31/12 2:02 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I usually always have some available in my freezer.  At 2+ years out they are either just right or even still a little too much food.  I like the lean cuisines the best.. they have a lot that are actually pretty tasty.. glazed chicken, turkey tenderloins, etc.  I have a couple of "spa" variety in my freezer now that I haven't tried, but they have whole grain pasta in them so I wanted to give them a shot.  I try to find ones that have at least 18-25 grams of protein.
MBsRNY
on 5/31/12 2:13 am - Baltimore, MD
Pre-op I ate a lot of them for lunches at the office....my favorites are the Healthy Choice "Cafe Steamers"...at least I think that's what they were called. 

Haven't had one since my operation (5 weeks out), but fully intend to go back to them as a convenient, reasonably healthy lunch at the office option, saving my home cooked meals and leftovers for dinners!   I always liked the vaguely asian ones or the balsamic vinegar pasta ones  best before....General Tso's chicken, sesame chicken, balsamic chicken and pasta, etc.  They have vegetables and rice or pasta....guess I'll have to see how they go down with my newly redesigned pouch.

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 122 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?