Countdown RNY
Sarah P. · 5 replies · 52 views
Question, PCP and Labs
browneyes65 · 2 replies · 50 views

Youtube video of RNY!

L. Matteson
on 6/3/12 4:14 pm
RNY on 07/02/12 with
Ok, so maybe I made a mistake by watching this, because it was really gross. BUT I figured maybe I should see what would be going on during surgery and what it will look like etc.
Kinda scary to be honest, but interesting.

If you are brave enough...here it is... ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ObD-6aRlI

Please...let me know your thoughts on this video.

gidgetmolly
on 6/3/12 4:43 pm - Canada
thats funny I watched this last night, and my first thought was "why are they so concerned about shrinking the liver it doesn't look nearly as difficult to move as I imagined, I would be more concerned with the omentum, that yellow blanket of fatty goo looked like a pain in the butt to work with" i think it was good to watch it so I got a good idea what is going on in there.  
marty69
on 6/3/12 4:52 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12 with
Like you I also looked it up on youtube. I found it interesting and informative. But at the same time I started freaking out thinking "what if my liver is not shrunk enough!! AAHHH..." But have sence calmed down ALOTE. Now I can't wait for wensday (my surgury date) . thank you for sharing. I like knowing I am not alone out here.(i live in a very rural area of missouri.)

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 4:57 pm - OH
As long as you're following any pre op diet your surgeon recommended, I wouldn't worry much about your liver not shrinking enough.  If your surgeon is concerned about a fatty liver in your case, he would have recommended a low carb diet, possibly a liquid diet.  And he should have enough experience to know how long you'd need to do that diet in order to shrink the liver enough.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

courtwillbehealthy
on 6/3/12 4:52 pm - burlington, VT
 i watch them alot. and im getting a video of mine done. :) 
L. Matteson
on 6/3/12 5:02 pm
RNY on 07/02/12 with
??? REALLY??? I want a video of MINE!!! I didn't know they would do that! How did you manage that? Did you just ask or what?

april89love
on 6/3/12 6:53 pm - NC
My doctor gave us a video of my surgery, but there was a problem with the disc. I don't know if I would have wanted to watch it any way.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Neaucora
on 6/3/12 7:16 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
I watched a number of them on Utube. I also watched the gastric sleeve surgies too. I finally chose the RNY surgery. Then after the surgery I went to watch one again, and I could not even get through it. I was watching and thinking "Ouch, they did that to me. Ouch, that too" lol. So I have no****ched any since. I tried to get my husband and daughter to watch one. But they wouldn't. lol

Dee.spunk
on 6/4/12 9:08 am - Sacramento, CA
We watched it at orientation. They wanted to make absolutely sure we understood what we were getting into. After that, I got it. I'm glad they showed it. Some people decided it wasn't for them after watching it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)