Protein ideas??

Tracy M.
on 7/16/12 9:04 am - KY
I am 16 months post op and lost about 280 lbs total but things have been hard lately..i have cheated quite often but no weight gain yet...i am getting myself back on track...i was wondering what some of you do to get your protein? i eat ALOT of nuts and sunflower kernels..they have fiber and are low carb and LOTS of protein...I can stop into a convenience store and buy them too so that makes it so much easier...almonds and sunflower kernels are a regular staple for me these days....i am a snacker so they are just the ticket for me...if i want something crunchy i eat pork skins...they are wonderful...what are some ideas you all have...i also like peanut butter and cheese crackers on occasion too but way too many carbs in those til i meet goal...im only about 36 lbs away and i will be happy..

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

aquapolyester
on 7/16/12 9:12 am
RNY on 07/17/12
 Although I am not on any post-op diet yet.... I am a school nurse, and work with a lot of diabetic kids.  They too eat low-carb, high protein items.  Some of the popular ones I see are sausage sticks, string cheese, baybel cheese, beef jerkey, greek yogurt, cottage cheese... that's just to name a few.  
If you're craving salt, I have seen some of the kids eat shelled peanuts (and because it takes so long to crack them, etc... they eat less).  
Hopefully this helps!
HW = 400  SW = 352  CW = 330

poet_kelly
on 7/16/12 9:16 am - OH
I eat a ton of Greek yogurt.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tracy M.
on 7/16/12 9:22 am - KY
thanks for the ideas...i like to snack a lot..i cant do the greek yogurt because of the carbs..im very carb sensitive...if i eat yogurt i do the carbmaster from kroger..i plan to get me some more soon..i dont live in a town that has one so i have to drive a little way to find one..i buy 20 or 30 at a time and eat a few a day..they do work well and i can add a little equal and it hits the spot for something sweet from time to time...thanks again.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

BrunetteAtty
on 7/16/12 9:54 am
Tracy funny you mention driving for CarbMaster yogurt, I do the same thing! I am from Mississippi and when I visit my fam, I hit the Kroger and stockpile!! That is some delicious stuff. You can also add a little more protein powder to it to bump it up even more.
Nycm
on 7/16/12 10:51 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
I eat greek yogurt and 1% whipped cottage cheese by Friendship.  Other than that it's cheese sticks, and light Baybel cheese.

Christine

Liz J.
on 7/16/12 1:02 pm - Woonsocket, RI
edemame (soy beans) Love em!
leelee78
on 7/16/12 9:44 pm - AL
I started making my own cheese crackers. Take a slice of reduced fat cheese and cut into fours and put in on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes and you have crackers. No carbs. Great crunchy snack. I use any kind of cheese. My favorite is pepper jack.
Tracy M.
on 7/17/12 4:51 am - KY
thanks very much for the idea..i will try it...i want carby stuff to snack on at night and i havent lost much lately...its so frustrating..i can eat carbs and not gain but it sure hinders the weight loss and i still have a little to lose...i have a lot of skin tho so not sure how much fat i still have left to lose so that might be the problem too...i will know when i see my surgeon in september...

tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Lorrainecma
on 7/24/12 1:46 am
 Wow Tracy!!! You have done so well!! We have come a long way!!

Lora

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views