March '12 Surgery buddies..... Updates??

JasminaL5
on 7/25/12 12:01 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 Hello all, hope you all are doing fantastic. How has the journey been for you all so far? Everything is great, I feel great and I look great. In the 4 months I have lost 95 pounds!! I am soo in love with my RNY and my Dr lol. He honestly did an amazing job; as did his staff. 

What's everybody eating nowadays? Has anyone tried Quinoa or oatmeal? I haven't yet. I would LOVE some pasta right now lol. 

I wish nothing but happiness and success to you all.

XOXO,
     Jasmina

Ninny80
on 7/25/12 4:39 am
Looks like our dates were pretty close; I had my RNY on 3/19/12!  I'm 5'2" and have lost a total of 76 pounds!  I'm 1.7 pounds away from ONEderland; 4 months out I did not belive I would be saying that!!!
I haven't tried oatmeal but I have tried Quinoa, it's pretty pouch friendly.  I made a little salad with cucumber, tomato, cilantro, cooked quinoa, cooked lentals, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste, delish!  I do really well with seafood (except tuna) deli lunch meats are a good go to meal with a stick of cheese.  If you are craving pasta I suggest getting a bag of shirataki noodles, they are made of tofu but taste like pasta!  I even got my picky hubby to eat it and he enjoyed it (his RNY was 5/9/12 and he's down 120lbs!)
http://www.amazon.com/Tofu-Shirataki-Noodles-Fettuccine-Shap e/dp/B003GMFAWM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1343241484&sr=8-6&key words=noodles+shirataki

THE_life10
on 7/25/12 10:51 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello and congrats on your progress!

I'm 4 months out tomorrow and I've lost 70lbs. 

I have started eating a cup of oatmeal in the mornings for bfast with a packet of splenda and my weight loss actually picked up ( im guessing i wasnt getting enough carbs throughout the day) 

I have tried rice as well but in very small portions and maybe once every blue moon.  I've had a little pasta once because I ate some baked spagetti.

You can eat things but just do it in moderation.  I havent deprived myself of anything except sweets and breads.  I am determined not to go back down that road so i wont even go near those. i know myself too well. thats a downward spiral waiting to happen lol

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Sara O.
on 7/25/12 11:33 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I had my surgery on the same day as you! You're doing really great. I'm down 62 pounds and have 42 left to go. 

I mostly eat SF yogurt, chicken wraps/tacos, eggs, cheese, and "Smart Ones" meals. I get all my protein from food.

p.s. what is Quinoa?

Ninny80
on 7/25/12 10:59 pm, edited 7/25/12 11:00 pm
Quinoa is grain like and grown for it's seeds.  It's very high in protein and is easy to digest.

Quinoa was of great nutritional importance in pre-Columbian Andean civilizations, secondary only to the potato, and was followed in importance by maize. In contemporary times, this crop has become highly appreciated for its nutritional value, as its protein content is very high (18%). Nutritional evaluations of quinoa indicate that it is a source of complete protein.[14][15] Furthermore, it is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. Quinoa is also a source of calcium, and thus is useful for vegans and those who are lactose intolerant.[16][17] Quinoa is gluten-free and considered easy to digest. Because of all these characteristics, quinoa is being considered a possible crop in NASA's Controlled Ecological Life Support System for long-duration human occupied spaceflights.[18]

JasminaL5
on 7/26/12 1:32 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 Wow, you all are doing so great. So very happy to hear that. I just purchased a small bag of Quinoa, hoping to try it tonight. I eat a lot of meat, chicken and fish. Cant eat bread, but can have a wrap... weird lol. I have purchased diet ice cream, not a fan but does the trick when in the mood for some.My fav is the yogurt pops that come in orange cream and raspberry cream. Soo good. I have snuck in a chip or two but that's it. Dying to try oatmeal bc i love it. I drink only ice cold water, juices fill me up to quick.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics