tummy tuck......inches lost.

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 12:53 pm - waukesha, WI
For those who had tummy tucks............ how many inches did you lose off your waist measurement?   Thanks
Casey B.
on 7/30/12 12:56 pm - Brockport, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
 these surgeries are not tummy tucks, not to sound rude, but i suggest you do a bit more research before you proceed. good luck to you. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 1:12 pm, edited 7/30/12 1:12 pm - waukesha, WI
 I had WLS 9 months ago and am now interested in getting rid of the excess skin. 
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/30/12 1:16 pm, edited 7/30/12 1:16 am - OH
I hink that really depends A LOT on how much excess skin you have and whether it is all skin being removed or also some residual fat, and even how lax your abdominal muscles were to begin with. I only lost an inch off my waist, but i had already had a hernia repair and what he removed was pretty much just skin and attached tissue, but not much fat. I lost much more across my rib cage, ut i never actally measured that. My best guess is 2 - 3 inches (there was a lot of skin up there). I also did NOT have him do any liposuction, so I still have two little bulges of residual fat on my sides right above my waist. I have no idea how/why I lost the fat from the front, and even from my back, but still have those two spots right at the sides! My guess is that it would have been another inch or so if I had decided to pay for the liposuction.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 1:30 pm - waukesha, WI
Thanks..........I was curious and don't want to do a consult until I have some money save.  I still have a huge waist that is the same size as my hips and I am hoping of a more curvy figure then straight up and down.
MrsLitch
on 7/30/12 2:25 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Those two spots on your side are called "dog ears" at least by my previous PS he promised to remove them as well as fix my mons area. Unfortunately after a year long recovery from several complications I didn't want him touching me and I still have issues there. Hopefully after this weight loss the doc can fix them when he removes the skin.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/30/12 2:35 pm - OH
I have always heard that "dog ears" are small awkward puckers or flaps at the endpoints of an incison.  What I have are just small pockets of residual fat that sit right above my waist on the outside over my hips (nowhere near any incision).  Sort of like little love handles that don't go towards my front or back at all.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Casey B.
on 7/30/12 1:28 pm - Brockport, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
 oh, i apologize, in that case i can be of no help. but good luck to you.
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 1:30 pm - waukesha, WI
Thanks
MrsLitch
on 7/30/12 2:27 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I lost 80 pounds years ago and had a TT done and I came out of surgery 3 inches bigger in the waist and never lost it like he said I would.

However I'm pretty sure with all my complications I am not the norm. You'd have to ask a PS to see what he thinks is possible for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics