B12 injections what is the strength you take?

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 5:38 am
just wondering? I have to double check I think my script says 1000. Going to fill it today and TRY to inject it...no idea what I am doing lol

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 5:52 am - OH
1000 mcg, which is the typical dose.  Are you doing them IM or sub-q?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 6:00 am
this is how the script is written:
b12 injection 1000mcg/ml
sig:1ml sc or im 1x/month
disp:2 single dose vials
3 cc syringes 25g 1/2 needles

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 6:14 am - OH
OK, so you can do it IM or sub-q.  I do mine sub-q (subcutaneous, or under the skin).  Hurts less than in the muscle.

What you do is pick a spot.  I either do my belly or my thigh, like the inside of my thigh were the skin is kinda loose.  You pinch up a little bit of skin and stick yourself.  If you do it fast, it goes in easier.  Or you can get somebody at home to do it for you.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/12 7:16 am
I get thinner needle - like 29 gauge and 1/2". Hurts less. B12 is liquid so insulin like needle - thin - works like a charm. the higher number of the gauge - the thinner the needle.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 8:19 am - OH
I think my needles are a size 27.  I asked for the thinnest they had at the pharmacy.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/12 8:24 am
I got mine on line. (insurance would not pay for them enoughto buy them in pharmacy). the price was very good.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 8/1/12 8:26 am - OH
My insurance will not pay for mine, either.  But they were pretty cheap at the Kroger pharmacy.  Ended up being something like 25 cents each.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/12 8:38 am
I think on line with some other items I pay close to 0.15 each, for 100. free shipping.  That way I have enough for 2 years. But 25c each is great price.  Good for you.

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 6:16 am
Thank you Kelly 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views
Forum Search Error & 404