weird callous-thing on my foot?

poet_kelly
on 8/26/12 11:34 pm - OH
On August 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM Pacific Time, mat0174 wrote:
It could be a plantar wart, but if it is, it should only be removed by a good dermatologist, a true plantar wart can grow to be enormous, my brother had one on the back of his neck, and they generally grow a type of root structure, and the root has to be excised too, or it will grow back with a vengeance, and a piece of one in an open wound will cause ot to grow there too.

Have you been having any back, hip, or knee pain lately? If so, perhaps you could be walking with a slight gait, which would explain a callous in an unusual area.just a thought. Or you may be due for a new pair of shoes lol.
I've had back pain for several years now.  It's been worse over the past year, although just recently it is starting to get better.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KittenLove
on 8/27/12 4:34 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Oh Kelly it sounds like a plantars wart. I got my first earlier this year and although it's been frozen twice it still gives me issue. I'm currently usin the duct tape method. Last thurs i went to the dr for a routine visit and let her look at another area a few inches below wart area c I thought it was a bad callous. Two more warts. It's seriously taking a toll on me.

Be happy. 

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/27/12 4:42 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Kind of sounds like a planters wart.  I had one and thought it was a callous.  The only reason it snapped, like months later, was because my son had one on his hand and I had to bring him to the doctor.  They don't look like "regular" warts.  Does it look like it has black specks in it?  If so, then that's what it is.  You'll have to go have it frozen at the doctor's office.  I had to go 3 times before it finally went away.  The over the counter stuff just didn't work.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

CarolinaKelly
on 8/27/12 5:30 am - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
Kelly -

This sounds very much like a plantars wart.  They are flat and can vary in size.  They can cause discomfort, and in my case a lot of pain, when walking.  I had mine removed in an outpatient surgery.  Not pleasant, but once recovered, but such a relief.

Good luck-
Kelly
SarahLee1969
on 8/27/12 10:27 am - NY
You mentioned not long ago that you went for a longer than usual walk... sounds like maybe you could have a callous from that added walking. I prefer to use foot files on ny callouses on my feet. They are like a thick /sturdy emory board.One side is a bit coarse, and the other is a bit smoother. I use mine at the end of a bath or shower as the callous softens up some, but you can use it dry too. In a pinch I have used a larger emery board/ nail file that has the cardboard in the middle.

I find the files leave the foot smoother than the pumice stone, and are easily cleaned/sanitized with antibacterial soap.
kidnamedtoad
on 8/27/12 11:29 pm

Sounds like a plantar's wart to me too!  I had one on the ball of my foot.  Freezing doesn't work on me so the dermatologist dug it out.  I limped for 3 weeks and oozed blood in my shoe for about a week.  It was about the size of a dime.  The wound ended up being a size of a quarter.    Very painful to walk on. I'm glad I had it sliced out.  There are you tube videos of people getting theirs removed.

Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?