Recent Topics
Most Active

Trouble eating Breakfast

eschutte
on 9/10/12 6:30 am
I am 3 weeks and 4 days post Op and haivng a tough time eating breakfast! I was trying to drink a SF carnation instant breakfast or a protein shake. They both started making me sick. So today I tried an egg and within 2 bites I felt sick! I can eat an egg any other time, why is it bothering me to eat at breakfast? I cant drink protein at all without it making me sick! I know Im not getting enough protein for the day. 

macjuicy
on 9/10/12 6:43 am - FL
contact your surgeon asap

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

jbuntyn
on 9/10/12 6:48 am - apple valley, MN
I would suggest calling your surgeon. Are you on nexium or prilosec? When I first had surgery I had really bad stomach aches in the morning but I got back on my stomach meds and the issue went away. The nausea went away with it also.
~JENN~

eschutte
on 9/10/12 6:52 am
 I was prescribed Prilosec and zofran! I will start taking them and hopefully it will help. I have always had issues eating in the morning even prior to surgery. My stomach cramps but now it cramps and I feel nauseated! 
H.a.l.a. B.
on 9/10/12 7:14 am, edited 9/10/12 7:42 am
RNY on 05/14/08 with
I had the same thing. Still do some days - most days even 4+ years post op. 
I noticed that starting the day with a warm herbal tea - like mix ginger, others - made my pouch happier. Then I could slowly start drinking - sipping protein shake.  Some day sit takes me 2 hrs to drink 16 oz of protein shake. Other days - I am done on 15 -20 minutes.  

Initially warm shakes - like making decaf protein coffee - not so sweet - would make the pouch less cranky.

H.a.l.a RNY 5/14/2008    

Need to bitch?  or Rave?  To find new R&R - 3.0 group..- send a PM -  to get included...

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell..."

"So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...." 

pwoo10
on 9/10/12 7:29 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Mornings are tough for me.  It is like my pouch needs to wake up also.  It takes me about an hour to eat my yogurt.  After that I am fine. 

Kelly L.
on 9/10/12 7:48 am - San Jacinto, CA
 Morning sucks! I have found that ( like Hala said) warm protein coffee seems to work best for me as well.. Just nothing too sweet. 

HW 274. CW 129

65rosesmom
on 9/10/12 8:43 am
I have to drink something before I eat anything each morning. Even a few swallows of tea or crystal light with moisten everything up and make breakfast go down much easier.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

cajungirl
on 9/10/12 10:22 am
I still have to watch what I eat for breakfast, my pouch is super tight in the morning until after I drink several cups of HOT coffee.  You might try a warm liquid first before putting real food in.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

eschutte
on 9/10/12 10:26 am, edited 9/10/12 10:26 am
 I am definitely going to try drinking something hot before I try to eat! It seems to be a common thing to have trouble eating breakfast! It doesn't help that I had issues prior to surgery! I had my gallbladder taken out in 06' and have had issues with breakfast since. It effects my whole day when I end up sick first thing in the morning, I don't want to eat for the rest of the day. Thank you everyone for the advice :)   I feel amazing other than this small issue and feeling more tired than normal!