Trouble eating Breakfast

eschutte
on 9/10/12 6:30 am
I am 3 weeks and 4 days post Op and haivng a tough time eating breakfast! I was trying to drink a SF carnation instant breakfast or a protein shake. They both started making me sick. So today I tried an egg and within 2 bites I felt sick! I can eat an egg any other time, why is it bothering me to eat at breakfast? I cant drink protein at all without it making me sick! I know Im not getting enough protein for the day. 

macjuicy
on 9/10/12 6:43 am - FL
contact your surgeon asap

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

jbuntyn
on 9/10/12 6:48 am - apple valley, MN
I would suggest calling your surgeon. Are you on nexium or prilosec? When I first had surgery I had really bad stomach aches in the morning but I got back on my stomach meds and the issue went away. The nausea went away with it also.
~JENN~

eschutte
on 9/10/12 6:52 am
 I was prescribed Prilosec and zofran! I will start taking them and hopefully it will help. I have always had issues eating in the morning even prior to surgery. My stomach cramps but now it cramps and I feel nauseated! 
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/10/12 12:14 am, edited 9/10/12 12:42 am
RNY on 05/14/08 with
I had the same thing. Still do some days - most days even 4+ years post op. 
I noticed that starting the day with a warm herbal tea - like mix ginger, others - made my pouch happier. Then I could slowly start drinking - sipping protein shake.  Some day sit takes me 2 hrs to drink 16 oz of protein shake. Other days - I am done on 15 -20 minutes.  

Initially warm shakes - like making decaf protein coffee - not so sweet - would make the pouch less cranky.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

pwoo10
on 9/10/12 7:29 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Mornings are tough for me.  It is like my pouch needs to wake up also.  It takes me about an hour to eat my yogurt.  After that I am fine. 

Kelly L.
on 9/10/12 7:48 am - San Jacinto, CA
 Morning sucks! I have found that ( like Hala said) warm protein coffee seems to work best for me as well.. Just nothing too sweet. 

HW 274. CW 129

65rosesmom
on 9/10/12 8:43 am
I have to drink something before I eat anything each morning. Even a few swallows of tea or crystal light with moisten everything up and make breakfast go down much easier.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

cajungirl
on 9/10/12 10:22 am
I still have to watch what I eat for breakfast, my pouch is super tight in the morning until after I drink several cups of HOT coffee.  You might try a warm liquid first before putting real food in.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

eschutte
on 9/10/12 3:26 am, edited 9/10/12 3:26 am
 I am definitely going to try drinking something hot before I try to eat! It seems to be a common thing to have trouble eating breakfast! It doesn't help that I had issues prior to surgery! I had my gallbladder taken out in 06' and have had issues with breakfast since. It effects my whole day when I end up sick first thing in the morning, I don't want to eat for the rest of the day. Thank you everyone for the advice :)   I feel amazing other than this small issue and feeling more tired than normal!