9/10 Surgery Buddies... How are you doing?

kcarlson0814
on 9/17/12 5:35 pm - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
Checking in with those who had surgery on or around 9/10, how are you doing?
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
mrsprez_04
on 9/17/12 5:48 pm - Racine, WI
I had surgery on 9/10 along w you. I'm still struggling w pain..sometimes crying it hurts so much. Sill taking pain meds. I'm down 8lbs I think. How are you doing? How do you feel? Thanks.   
val6715
on 9/17/12 6:05 pm - NJ
 I had a rough day today. My doctor wants me to come in tomorrow instead of Friday for a check, but I really hate the thought of driving an hour to see him. Concerned about my walking. I thought I was doing well, but, like you, I had some horrific pain. I guess that is the way it is. Not happy that you are feeling pain, but it helps to know I'm not abnormal! I'm not going to concern myself so much that I need the pain meds. I did notice a difference in the pain when I started making a better attempt a****er intake. It seems to allow my digestive tract to move the gas better. that really relieves alot of pain. Sip Sip Sip...well, better days ahead. I think last I weighed myself, I'm down 9 lbs from day of surgery and lost 7 lbs before that. My greatest gift so far is that I haven't taken any insulin or diabetes meds and my sugar readings are 95 to 105. Please God let that continue! Hang in there. Hope to keep in touch.
Jenya37
on 9/17/12 6:09 pm - Cloquet, MN
I had surgery 9/12. Still feeling cruddy. I am taking the pain medication.  I didn't realize how much I would hurt afterwards.  Thank heavens for my mother.  She took care of my kids while I was in the hospital- which was extra long because I had an internal bleed that needed to go in surgery for plus transfusion.  It all took a lot longer and I am thinking it will just take longer for me to feel better.  My mom came over today and cleaned my house for me, I was so grateful!  I have a house full of very messy boys.  Here's to better days ahead.
Jennifer

dinas27
on 9/17/12 7:15 pm - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
I'm doing good.  I'm sorry you all are having such pain issues!  I hope it gets better soon.  I have been walking and walking and walking! Today was the first day that I didnt take any pain meds.  I'm going to take one tonight before I go to bed so I can sleep, because the pulling is going on again.  Its funny how it comes and goes.  As far as I can tell i'm down 15 since surgery but I'M SURE most of that is the water weight.  I dont care...I take it! LOL  

Would love to have a 9/10 suppport group, or a friend check in if anyones interested.  It helps me so much to come on here and to see whats going on with everyone else. Give me hope that if I can get throught the first 2 or 3 weeks, it gets easier. (if thats not true DONT TELL ME!) LOL

Dina

kcarlson0814
on 9/17/12 7:24 pm - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
I'm with Dina, down about 15 lbs (mostly water weight)... doing ok.  I only take pain meds at night and I'm doing ok with food/drinking.  I get tired really easy, that is my thing.. exhaustion.
babs_02
on 9/17/12 7:40 pm - NY
Surgery 9/11.Sorry to hear of the people having so much pain.  I am doing fantastic. No pain at all. I'm walking a little and drinking a lot. Doing as the doctor told me. I have a serious heart condition and since surgery my surgeon took me off all of my meds including the beta blocker and calcium channel blocker that protect my heart. During my little walk I felt some tightness in my heart went right to my cardiologist and he put me back on the beta blocker. He said I wasn't supposed to stop those pills at all, I will be on them for the rest of my life. Yeah, tell my surgeon that. So I'm back taking one pill and I really do feel better with it. Live and learn I guess. I certainly don't want anything happening to my heart after going through all of this. Caught a nasty cold and my body is struggling to fight it. Has anyone been able to get in 64 ounces of fluids yet? I'm up to about 42 now and my sips are getting easier. Can't wait until next week when I can try a little yogurt or cottage cheese and cream of wheat.
kcarlson0814
on 9/17/12 7:59 pm - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
don't folllow what I did, but everytime I had stuff like broth, etc I would gurgle and i felt so light headed that I was naseous and I felt it was because of having NO nutrition in me.  2 days ago I had yogurt and since cottage cheese and cream wheat (really thin) and I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.   I know... I know I'm not following the rules, but my body feels better with a tiny bit of substance in me.    In regards to liquids, i haven't actually tracked (will tomorrow) but I'm drinking ALL DAY so I feel I'm getting in my necessary liquids.  (maybe I'm fooling myself, I will tell you tomorrow after measuring it all).  I've been drinking alot of watered down gatorade and pedisure (low sugar), some apple juice (reduce sugar).

Loveshinesthru
on 9/17/12 10:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
 You should be drinking protein shakes? 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

kcarlson0814
on 9/18/12 9:27 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
my dr. told me to wait until week 2 for protien shakes, he just cared I stayed hydrated so any liquid he was fine with... but yes, I'm now doing protein shakes.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views