Rash, what to do?

daphneb
on 9/24/12 4:09 pm - AK
So, I didn't know where else to go and I may call the doctor tomorrow.  But since I've lost 50lbs in the last 2 1/2 months, I think my skin is having a hard time keeping up.  My point being, the last two days I'm experiencing a rash right in the middle of my (sorry for the wording, fat roll on the bottom).  I am usually pretty good at showering and cleaning at least once a day.  I skipped my shower on Saturday and last night I noticed an odour. When I looked I about died.  So immediately I jumped in the shower and soaped and cleaned up the best I could.  Then I put on some talcum powder to help get it dry in there.  Of course my skin is irritated a bit and it burns a little bit.  I was fine until tonight, the same sensation and odour re-appeared.  So I soaked in a bubbly jet tub for like an hour.  Then I rinsed with the removable shower head really well with cooler water.  I added the talcum powder again.  It still burns.

So, is there anyway to get rid of this on my own, or do I have to get meds from the doctor?  I really prefer to clear things naturally, if possible.  I hate taking a pill for every little thing, if I don't have to.

Any advice or experiences would be great!  

Thank you!  

efwolfcub
on 9/24/12 5:10 pm - York, PA
probably a mild fungal infection - some gold bond powder will help (but it will definitely burn at first).  as would, honestly, some foot powder (like lotrimin or other antifungal powder).  do NOT use baby powder if it is made with corn starch though - that's just food for the fungus.  Adding som pro-biotics to your diet (yogurt) will help cut down on this, but it might require a trip to the doctor, who will give you a prescription anti-fungal.
kidnamedtoad
on 9/24/12 5:20 pm

I think you need anti fungal cream.  My mom has the same problem.  I am not a lawyer  nor do I know how insurance works in this cir****tance but I'd start keeping a journal and tabs on this in case you want to build a case for insurance to help pay for plastic surgery.  Perhaps some of the vets out her have had some experience with this.

Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
BugdocMom
on 9/24/12 5:47 pm - CA
Yep, sounds like a yeast infection. I would definitely be sure to go to the doctor to have it documented and get treatment. The more documentation you have the higher the likelihood insurance may pay for plastics to solve the issue later.
Kaoz789
on 9/24/12 7:11 pm
 This is pretty common. My doc gave me an Rx when the gold bond medicated wasn't enough. See your doc and have the issue documented by them in your records. You may be able to use them for a panniculectomy approval later.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/24/12 7:51 pm
call the dr. to establish a history of rashes in case you need plastics down the road.
A history of rashes is one thing that could help get insurance coverage for a panni.

Winnie

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 10:28 pm
It sounds strange but I read on the web that putting some corn starch on rashes absorbs the moisture and is soothing and is better than baby powder since its fragrance free and hypoallergenic.

I have rashes too but they're from food allergies. I am learning what foods dont work for me such as soy and gluten. Is there any chance you are reacting to something  you eat?
hockeymom8016
on 9/24/12 10:46 pm - NJ

Monistat makes a gel that works really well.  I used prescriptions and all types of over the counter products and the Monistat works the best.

Allen Y.
on 9/24/12 10:54 pm - Garland, TX
 Your doctor can get you some medicated anti fungal powder. Also this sounds gross but it works and no one will know but you.

Take a clean sock, douse it in powder that has corn starch in it, Insert it into the folds of your skin so that the skin holds it in place, if you really have to use some medical tape to hold it in place.

The Sock and the cornstarch will wick away the moisture and your rash/fungus will be history.

MrsLitch
on 9/24/12 11:12 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
You could probably clear this up on your own with OTC meds. However, if you think you may want skin removal surgery when you are done. go to the doc and get a Rx cream for it and also take a photo of it for documentation when you go for ins. approval. If it becomes chronic which is possible that it will return over and over then do this each time. It will help with approval.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics