questions bout inscions

enchantedmommy
on 9/26/12 12:15 am - boydton , VA
 so i didnt get real good insturction on the cleaning process...so when the glue is coming off i need to start cleaning them right  what do i use??  
ShebasMom
on 9/26/12 12:22 am
Revision on 07/05/16
My surgeon said not to do anything to them. When you're in the shower, let the water run over them. Let the glue come off naturaly...it's take a few weeks for it to start coming off. It will itch some and that is normal. However, I had an allergic reaction to the glue...redness, swelling, & blisters, so the glue had to come off (6 days later) and medication applied to the rash. I had to be extra careful not to overdo, so my incisions could finish healing. This was with my gallbladder surgery back in June.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

mikerccie
on 9/26/12 12:26 am
RNY on 02/28/12
My surgeon's instructions were to not scrub them in the shower - just let soapy water run over them and rinse them the same way.  They will fall off in due time.  If they aren't gone by your one-month checkup the Doctor will likely remove them for you.

enchantedmommy
on 9/26/12 12:30 am - boydton , VA
 okay well some of the glue is already coming off and i was just wandering about the inscions and i dont want them to get infected by not being cover by glue...yeah thats what i do in the shower
Oceanbreeze
on 9/26/12 8:49 am - PA
my instructions were soft washcloth with mild soap and gently wash them, le****er run over them to rinse and then pat dry. Also not to pick the glue as it comes off... yes it itches!!  All the glue came off within 2wks. 

AnniesSS
on 9/26/12 8:55 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I got the same instructions as the others - don't pick, don't let the shower water directly hit the area, scrub around the area.
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

brenlee1965
on 9/26/12 11:31 pm - New Berlin, NY
My glue started peeling off fairly quickly and then I started an allergic reaction to the glue. But I was told to not touch them, and not soak in water. But to just lightly wash; I use caress always, so no soap drying them out. If it comes off just make sure you aren't scratching the area. My scars are looking great, according to my surgeon at yesterdays appt.
 Bren                
Jewelsstevens
on 9/27/12 2:15 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
My surgeon said gently wash with antibacterial soap. Do NOT scrub or peel the glue off. Seems like most docs are different though.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics