11 Months Post Op....How many calories??
Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor. Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me. If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her. Check out my blog.
- These are the rules I followed/follow:
- *6-9 Months After Surgery: I ate 800-900 calories a day
- *9-12 Months After Surgery: I ate 1000 calories a day
- *12-24 Months After Surgery: eat 1200 calories a day (I ate 1200 calories a day until 15 months when I reached my goal weight)
- *24 Months after surgery (or when goal weight is reached before 24 months): Maintenance calories (BMR/RMR & Activity Level) (Malabsorption of calories lasts approximately 18-24 months) (I eat 1800-2000 calories a day to maintain my weight loss of 200 pounds at a weight of 131 pounds. My height is 5'4")
- * I do not participate in a formal exercise program due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. I do move around a lot more and do a lot more walking.
Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, Super Morbidly Obese BMI 56.8, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011,
Current Age: 60, Current Weight: 136 lbs-9/19/2015, Normal BMI 23.3, Relative Risk from ABSI of 0.7, Total Weight Loss Maintained: 195 lbs, Measurements: 36D Bust, 28" Waist, 38" Hips.
i was also still losing weight like a madmad (but also woring out alot too).. i have slowed in the weightloss as i have picked my calories up to like 1500, and i have been steady for now at 170