11 Months Post Op....How many calories??
I'm not a doctor and do not play one on TV, blah blah blah. I've done a lot of research on vitamins and stuff and am happy to share my research with you. Please don't consider it medical advice and don't bother trying to sue me for giving you medical advice. I am pretty much judgment-proof. Check out my blog.
- These are the rules I followed/follow:
- *6-9 Months After Surgery: I ate 800-900 calories a day
- *9-12 Months After Surgery: I ate 1000 calories a day
- *12-24 Months After Surgery: eat 1200 calories a day (I ate 1200 calories a day until 15 months when I reached my goal weight)
- *24 Months after surgery (or when goal weight is reached before 24 months): Maintenance calories (BMR/RMR & Activity Level) (Malabsorption of calories lasts approximately 18-24 months) (I eat 1800-2000 calories a day to maintain my weight loss of 200 pounds at a weight of 131 pounds. My height is 5'4")
- * I do not participate in a formal exercise program due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. I do move around a lot more and do a lot more walking.
Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'3.5", Consultation Weight: 331-12/1/09 with a Super Morbidly Obese BMI of 56.8, RNY Surgery Weight: 281-3/22/10, Goal Weight Reached: 141-6/23/11, Lowest Weight: 126-12/11/11, Current Weight: 141-11/7/13 with a Normal BMI of 24.6 (Total Weight Loss Maintained: 190 Pounds), Measurements: 36D Bust, 29" Waist, 39" Hips.
i was also still losing weight like a madmad (but also woring out alot too).. i have slowed in the weightloss as i have picked my calories up to like 1500, and i have been steady for now at 170
on 10/13/12 5:51 pm
on 10/14/12 5:57 pm