Sugar free popsicles, too many?

brooks1teacher
on 12/21/12 3:16 pm

I just discovered the beauty and tastiness of sugar free popsicles last evening.  They are making this all liquid week much easier.  How many popsicles would be too many in a day?  I am thinking I might have 4 each day spread out over the time I am awake.

Is that too many?  Will I get sick and know it's too many?

Any help you can provide is super helpful.

Julie (who just had surgery on Monday)

wmamey
on 12/21/12 5:08 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I had three times that amount in a day. They are sugar free and almost 2 ounces each, think I had about 10 - 12 a day immediately post op. That is about 24 ounces of liquid! It really helped me get the fluids in. I also made my own popsicles with crystal light.

brooks1teacher
on 12/21/12 6:09 pm

Thanks for your reply!  Good to know you tolerated them so well.  I may up my popsicle dosage then. LOL

Julie

CarolF3
on 12/21/12 6:27 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

I had my surgery on Monday the 17th as well and was discharged yesterday.

I have SF popsicles as well, but haven't gotten into them as of yet-but, will be doing so today.

We can have protein shakes post-op and I just was able to get in 3oz of Unjury's vanilla. I will put the rest in refridge for a later time.

It is a full time job getting the fluids in.

I wish you a speedy recovery. sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk and rest, rest, rest. 

Carol

Tim T.
on 12/21/12 8:01 pm - Eastham, MA

I tear through 3 to 4 boxes a week- usually 4 to 6 at a time- they're 15 calories each, sweet, crunchy, hydrating and satisfy that craving to chew something, when grazing occurs.  Just sayin'

Tim T.

daphneb
on 12/21/12 10:15 pm - AK
I think you'll be just fine. They help your liquids and are easy to have. You will find that few things will agree with you at first so enjoy! I had about 4/day for awhile there. I burned out in them, but they helped in my first 3 months.

Debbie W.
on 12/22/12 12:22 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Personally I don't have more than one in a day, due to my doctor (PCP) warning about the artificial sweetner...

grmadeb01
on 12/22/12 12:23 am - FL

jus****ch the sugar alcohols in them...they take out the sugar and replace it with aspartame which gives me major migrines...and then they sometimes put in sorbitol which is a laxative...and yeppers you guessed it.....makes things move very quickly....some people are very sensitive to sugar alcohols....they give bad gas and bloating..

so if you going to be eating that many in a day, just keep an eye out...as you never know how you will react to them..

debby

aesposito
on 12/22/12 3:34 am

I love them, but the sugar alcohols don't love me... like the previous poster said, be careful because if you are sensitive to the sugar alcohols, you will know it quickly (and embarrassingly... never trust a fart!)

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

MsBatt
on 12/22/12 6:55 am

"Sugar-free" does not equal "calorie-free", and the sugar alcohols can make you have massive diarrhea. Read the label, count the calories, and see how YOUR body reacts.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views