Another step closer!

campingmama
on 2/5/13 9:21 am - IN

Well, today I went for my pre-op testing! They found I am "pre-diabetic" and have a few tiny gall stones. None of which should prevent me from proceeding with surgery.

I was wondering about my calcium supplements and the tiny gall stones. The radiologist said this is not uncommon and most people have no problems, but I heard calcium supplements can increase the risk of gall stones and needing to have my gall bladder removed at some point.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? Or experience with problems from increased calcium supplements?

Getting more and more excited and nervous!

Thank you all for being here!

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/5/13 9:29 am

I'm not familiar with a link between gallstones and calcium. However, rapid weigh loss of any sort can cause gallstones, and the rate of gallbladder failure among post ops is about 35%. I was one of those. It was nothing I couldn't cope with, and I felt so much better after it was removed.

If you have gallstones now, would your surgeon consider removing your gallbladder during surgery?

I haven't had a single problem from calcium.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gallstones/

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 524 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?