Gas Pain Relief???? Help!

SusieD48
on 2/15/13 5:19 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I had the Roux-en-Y on Monday, February 11 and was released on Wednesday, February 13.  Incisions are sore but not too bad but the GAS PAIN is killing me!!!  Does anyone have any suggestions for relief?  I have been walking and also rocking in the chair and I just can't seem to get it all out.  I am passing gas frequently but there is still a ton left.  I have the referred pain up into my shoulders and upper back and still can't sleep in the bed because the gas pain wakes me up.  I'm sleeping in the recliner instead.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Mary Catherine
on 2/15/13 5:25 am
Gas rises and goes for the highest point. Bend over until your head is at your knees and the gas will then escape through the rectum silently and with no odor.

It only takes a minute or so. Quick and easy. Works every time.
SusieD48
on 2/15/13 5:44 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I have been able to expel alot of gas that way but it is the upper gas that I just can't get to move down.  I will give anything a try at this point!!!  Just got back from a good walk and my shoulders are on fire with the gas pain.

Margaret Smith
on 2/15/13 5:25 am - Lake Wales, FL

Hello welcome to losing side.

Get you some extra strength gas x and yes keep walking to move the gas and if you can handle it massage your stomach to move the gas around.

Margaret-FL

BE HAPPY AND STRONG AND REMEMBER TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND HAVE BLESSED DAY!

SusieD48
on 2/15/13 5:45 am
RNY on 02/11/13

Didn't even think about trying the Gas X.  Hubby is on the way to the store right now!!!! Thank you.

absolutemomtwofour
on 2/15/13 5:28 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I also had my surgery Monday as well.  90% of my pain also seems like gas pain, did you try the Gas X Strips it did not get rid of all of my gas but it seems to have helped. i walk around my house at least 30 min every few hours to make sure I am moving around.

Have you tried any Protein Drinks yet?  I just tried my first one and it is very good I only drank 2 tsp but it tasted like a yoohoo

Margaret Smith
on 2/15/13 5:47 am - Lake Wales, FL

Welcome to the losing the side,

To make your protein if you are doing powder,you really should buy a Protein Bottle Shaker,They work great ,you can get them at Walgreens,Walmart,Winn Dixie.You dont need a electric blender,I mix my protein powder every morning with my coffee to get all my protein ,and I'm a little over 8 yrs out from RNY..11/15/04.

Margaret-FL

BE HAPPY AND STRONG AND REMEMBER TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND HAVE BLESSED DAY!

SusieD48
on 2/15/13 5:47 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I haven't tried a protein drink yet.  Hubby is getting my the powder at Walmart.  What one did you try?  He is getting me the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein to try.  Definitely pain is the gas - ugh, I have had numerous surgeries and I get the worst gas pains after.  You'd think they could suck some of that air out before they close up, lol.  I did try a carnation no sugar added breakfast drink this morning and it was very good but not enough protein.

Margaret Smith
on 2/15/13 7:58 am - Lake Wales, FL

I'm drinking Pro Whey Protein Shake from walmart $21.00,and today at Winn Dixie I bought Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein $18.00 it was on sale and I only buy Chocolate flavor.Every morning I get out my Protein Blender Bottle and I fill it up with coffee about 1 inch below line so I can add one scoop of Protein then I put lid on real tight and make sure spout is closed good then I shake it to h*ll and back then I pour into my coffee cup and enjoy a chocolate coffee which  tastes like a mocha.I even mix other Protein shaker with coffee and protein and shake it really good let it cool then put in fridg let it get icecold then I shake it up again and enjoy a icecoffee.

angeleigh
on 2/15/13 5:56 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

DO warm liquids. Those help alot.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 107 views
Recent Topics