Body Fortress Protein shakes

daxsgirl
on 2/28/13 12:55 pm - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
Can these shakes be used for Protein replacement before and after gastric bypass surgery? Found it at Walmart at a Reasonable price.

charjames
on 2/28/13 1:13 pm - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Thats what I use.  I got the tub of vanilla- its 26g o protein per scoop.  I pair it with Unsweetened almond milk (40 calories) and shake it up in a shaker with one of those metal balls in it (got @ walmart next to protein powders) and it blends real well.  If you struggle to get your protein- you can use 2 scoops with 2 cups unsweetened almond milk.  Oh and its really filling.

Laura in Texas
on 2/28/13 1:24 pm - Cypress, TX

Lots of us here use it because of the cost. I like mixing it with frozen blueberries or strawberries.

rocky513
on 2/28/13 1:25 pm - WI

I use Body Fortress Whey Isolate from Walmart.  It is a little more expensive at $22.00 per tub.  The regular  $14.00 Body Fortress Whey Protein has lactose in it.  I am lactose intolerant. The Whey Isolate is 99% lactose free and is easier for RNY patients to absorb.  I have had good result with this product and I think it tastes OK.  I make protein coffee every morning with the Vanilla Creme flavor and I also have the chocolate that I mix with soy milk.

HW 270   SW 236   GW 160  CW 145 (fifteen pounds below goal ..YIPPEE!!!)

daxsgirl
on 2/28/13 2:03 pm - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
Can you use Skim or 1% milk?

thynnlynn
on 2/28/13 4:51 pm - MI

I also use it but when Walgreen has their brand at buy one, get one 1/2 off, it is the same price and I like it a little better.  I also light fruit blended with it.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

rocky513
on 2/28/13 4:51 pm - WI

Yes you can use milk to mix the protein powder.  I can't use milk because I'm lactose intolerant and milk makes me VERY sick.  That's why I use coffee or soy milk.  A lot of people use almond milk to mix their protein shakes.  The milk will add extra calories..but it also adds extra protein!

HW 270   SW 236   GW 160  CW 145 (fifteen pounds below goal ..YIPPEE!!!)

LadyLilMax
on 2/28/13 6:26 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Oh gosh, thank you!  I just bought some Body Fortress and was upset after my shakes for the last 2 days..... and that is the only thing I did differently.  Yeah, I am lactose intolerant as well but happy to hear that the other one at Walmart is working for you.  I might give that one a try!  What I do sometimes is do half whey and half soy protein powder and I tolerate that very well.  But it did not work with the Body Fortress one for some reason.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

RonSudol
on 3/1/13 5:09 am - NJ

i think i had one of these shakes, literally, EVERY day for the first 8 months of my surgery.. Drinking one with skim milk, i believe is 36grams of protein... its a great way to intake protein..

this product is very good; wish more people would use it... i still have a shake every now and them with my eggs or protein bar in the morning (obviously drink the shake first)

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

d_mac682
on 3/1/13 7:08 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12

Yep! I was using this protein for the first 4 to 5 months as well. The only thing I did not like was the gritty feeling or after taste, but it worked great. Since I only use the protein once a day now I bumped up to syntrax necter sweets....damn good stuff.