Cankles?

guttedgrace
on 5/27/13 7:37 am
RNY on 05/02/13

Hey all, quick question! Did any of you have cankles when you started the weight loss process and then, after losing the weight, not have cankles anymore? I'm just wondering if it's possible for those to slim down or if I'm doomed to have them the rest of my life. That's all, thanks!

-Kaia

Jenni-11yrPostOp
on 5/27/13 8:03 am

I think the weight loss will greatly improve the way they look. There are exercises you can do to help tone and shape your calves. Find exercises that specifically target that area and work on it. I don't think it's written in stone that you have cankles forever but if you're predisposed to have that shape there may not be a lot you can do. Try exercise first and see what happens when you tone that specific area. It might get a lot better. Good luck.

Jenni 11yrs post op

Dee.spunk
on 5/27/13 8:41 am - Sacramento, CA
I had em. But not anymore! I can now wear boots!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Rabdkitty
on 5/27/13 8:46 am

The positive thing about my body (when I was at my fattest) was my ankles were always thin considering my weight.  But I see no reason why you wouldn't lose weight there too. 

agraydolfin1
on 5/27/13 8:52 am - TX

I am down 80 Lbs No more cankels, and down a shoe size as well.

April M.
on 5/27/13 10:19 am
RNY on 09/26/13

Okay.... what is a cankle??  LOL

guttedgrace
on 5/27/13 1:28 pm
RNY on 05/02/13

It's when your calves basically go straight into your feet, so there's no definition where your ankles should be. It's like a straight, puffy line straight from your calf to your foot.

Sara O.
on 5/27/13 11:00 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I never had cankles but I had big thighs and calves. Now I get complimented on my legs! I think I can safely say those cankles will disappear. Good luck! :)

Rabdkitty
on 5/27/13 12:11 pm

I'm having problem losing weight in my knees. I'd love to wear shorts this summer but not with these rolley- polley sausage knees. 

okra
on 5/27/13 12:49 pm

Dear Cankles,

I was born with them, and I didn't turn obese until adulthood. It's an inherited trait on my mother's side. Some of my aunts had ankles the size of elephants. My father has chicken ankles. Even when I was a long-distance runner in my youth and weighed 106 pounds, I had thick ankles all the way around. There is not much difference between my calves and ankles.  With weight loss, you might have less swelling (if you tend to swell). I look at it like this: I'm glad I have legs to walk with. When I get the urge to wear a skirt or dress, I still do. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 172 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?