Steroid shot- will it make me gain weight???

dufiedog
on 6/3/13 6:26 am

I can only speak for myself, but they make me eat like crazy.  I feel like I'm starving, but when ever I've had them I have always had plenty of low calorie  veggies and stuff on hand.  I haven't had one since before my surgery and hope I don't have to, but with all my back issues it may happen.  Here's to hoping you don't have a problem. 

Lady Lithia
on 6/3/13 6:26 am

I think steroid pills affect appetite and weight gain. I got a lot of steroid shots for a while, but that was the period when I was losing without effort and without trying. When the shots stopped, the weight loss stopped. In point of fact, I was on steroid pills during the initial weight loss when I decided maybe I should try to lose weight -- that led me to get WLS. I do tend to have atypical reactions to many medicines.

Even if the steroids affect you, it should be only slightly and with diminishing returns... in other words it can't have a permanent effect unless you allow it to do so. You've never struck me as someone who's like to be anything BUT proactive in such cases. I think you'll be fine. Steroid shots can have a remarkable effect for those of us who can't take NSAIDS.... because we sometimes need an anti-inflamatory to combat issues and get on the pathway to healing, but without NSAIDS... it's HARD... so often steroids help.

I'm getting another steroid shot to the back of my head in a couple of weeks. Helps against migraines - better than when I used to take NSAIDS pre-op.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views