Average weight loss for 2 week pre-op liquid diet?

PetHairMagnet
on 7/6/13 12:28 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I was on the liquid diet for 22 days. Two weeks is pretty standard here. Mine was due to a scheduling snafu. I was also on a business trip for 9 of those days with AMAZING food being served at dinner and brought in at lunch. But the question is, do you want to have the rest of your life with health or not? Keep that top of mind and you'll not have any issues. You can drink anytime you are hungry, it isn't like you are being starved. And the weight loss is a nice 'YAY' in that phase, too.

Why do they care what brand shakes you do on the diet? That seems too 'sales oriented/kickback' to me, personally.

Rarely will you meet someone more anti-smoking than I am, but am a fan of the e-cigarettes for cessation. I thought the benefit was that they had no nicotine and allowed you to have the 'habit' of smoking as you ceased the disgusting cigarette smoking. You might want to look into that. I might be 100% wrong, but thought the vapor was plain water.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

auntieudee
on 7/6/13 12:58 pm - AZ
RNY on 08/13/13

The most popular E-ciggs have nicotine. I actually only found out that a few of them are nicotine-free earlier today!

And I agree about the brand crap. They also will not go through with the surgery unless I have already purchased a 90 day ($120!) vitamin supply for my post-op from Bariatric Advantage, and Bariatric Advantage ONLY. They claim that other vitamins are not adequate for bariatric surgeries.

RNY completed on Aug. 13th, 2013

Life is good & getting better! 

shedevilbecca
on 7/6/13 2:14 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

I had to do a 3 week liquid diet. I lost 18 pounds on it. I won't lie and say it was easy. It SUCKED!!!!!!! I had to host 2 parties in that time also.

So about the smoking.....I also had to quit. I used Chantix and E-ciggs when I thought I was going to cave. Mad Vapes has almost every flavor and you can get  it  nicotine free.

I had surgery on 5/30/13 and with the pre op and weight loss to date I am down 43 pounds. I won't tell you its easy but I will tell you it is worth it!

auntieudee
on 7/6/13 5:06 pm - AZ
RNY on 08/13/13

How long were you smoke free before your pre-op testing? I quit 2 days ago, and got so frustrated , I went out and bought a pack. :(

RNY completed on Aug. 13th, 2013

Life is good & getting better! 

heather_leigh1990
on 7/6/13 11:54 pm

I only had to do 4 days preop liquid diet but i lost 5lbs during that time.

sarah_durso
on 7/7/13 5:27 am

When I did liquids my first week I lost 17 and second week 4 , so total 21 lbs .  But the first week is mainly water . I retain a lot.  

addict05
on 7/8/13 4:10 am - IL

I believe it can take up to 9 days to get the nicotine out of your system for a blood test.  I took some cleansing pills and drank lots of water to help pass mine.  I'm sure I'll get some comments on that one lol.  Just trying to help a sista out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 222 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics