How long after surgery did you wait to drive ?

kksnewsong
on 7/14/13 6:55 am
RNY on 06/06/13
Good luck tomorrow Sarah! Praying for the best for you with surgery and recovery! My son drove as soon as he came off pain meds I was worried so he got Nurse Prationer to write me a note ! Lol , hes 41 when he did this! She said as long as I was off pain med I could drive.. me my husband drives me all the time so it didn't matter! My son told the nurse that his granny and mama worried too much! Lol
  1.     kksnewsòng

Katie K.
on 7/14/13 7:37 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

My program says you can drive as long as you're not on any pain or nausea meds and you can turn around and look behind you in both directions. I could have driven myself home from the hospital. I drove the day after I came home.

JaneJetson60
on 7/14/13 7:41 am, edited 7/14/13 9:00 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Sarah, make sure you have a back up plan in case you do feel too lousy to drive back and forth to the hospital.  Make sure you have the money to take a cab to and from the hospital just in case.  Also what if you can't for some reason drive at all when it's time to come home?  Just keep all things in mind.  Wishing you the best and keep in touch.  Jane

sarah_durso
on 7/14/13 1:47 pm

I have family a few hours away. If that happens I'll have them come pick me up. It's more of a hassle, but I won't be stuck . Thanks for the post :) 

JaneJetson60
on 7/14/13 5:47 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Thanks, Sarah.  Just kind of worried about you doing this all on your own.  post as soon as you feel up to doing it.  Good luck and can't wait to see you here on the losers bench!!!   Sending positive Karma your way! Jane

ebtiger24
on 7/14/13 7:52 am, edited 7/14/13 7:59 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I just had to be off my pain meds. I took them for about 3 days after I got home. 

KennyBruin
on 7/14/13 8:45 am - MD

Still not driving. My surgeon says no driving until after the two-week follow up for open RNY patients.  Believe me, I am ready to get behind the wheel.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/14/13 10:10 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I had my surgery on Wednesday and then drove to work the following Monday.  I then drove home because I felt like crap and took 8 weeks off (had a stricture twice).  

Sonja

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

purpleswingline
on 7/14/13 10:24 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

Are you going to have anyone with you? 

sarah_durso
on 7/14/13 1:47 pm

Nope, just me :) 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views