E CIGS??

CosmoK
on 7/17/13 5:19 am

Let me first by saying, I AM NOT TEMPTED BY SMOKING!!   I was paying for my gas the other day and I saw ECigs.. It just got me thinking.. I know bariatric patients can't have real cigs cause it's very dangerous but what about ECigs ??? 

Highest Weight: 468 Pounds, Pre Op Diet Weight: 436 Pounds, Surgery Weight: 423 Pounds

Surgery Date 5-13-13 with Dr Roy Cobean Portland Maine.. Casco Bay Surgeries!!!  Wonderful place!!

angelb75
on 7/17/13 6:24 am

I use e-cigs (or vape-sticks) and so far (knock on wood) I have not had any problems....however I will keep you posted on that.

brenda_m
on 7/17/13 8:23 am - Renick, WV

Im a smoker and pre-op. I quit smoking a week and a half ago. Ive been using the E-cig. Its helped alot. But Im trying to wean myself off of it. Its been great for my anxiety and depression. Just to have something in my hand.

Katie K.
on 7/17/13 6:03 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I quit ten years ago. I used the gum. I would go on my breaks and chew the gum. I took something with me (pen, pencil, straw) to fiddle with so my hand had something to do. It helped.

guttedgrace
on 7/17/13 10:27 pm
RNY on 05/02/13

This was brought up in a seminar I went to before I got the surgery. The nurse said that we should not even be using e-cigarettes. With the hospital and program I used, patients had to completely quit smoking all together or they wouldn't be able to get the surgery. Other programs could be different though.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics