queenfairy · 76 replies · 2155 views
Down 201 lbs - before and after pic
Dcgirl · 53 replies · 1197 views
Eating & Drinking together
GodsChildII · 49 replies · 1094 views

E CIGS??

CosmoK
on 7/17/13 12:19 pm

Let me first by saying, I AM NOT TEMPTED BY SMOKING!!   I was paying for my gas the other day and I saw ECigs.. It just got me thinking.. I know bariatric patients can't have real cigs cause it's very dangerous but what about ECigs ??? 

Highest Weight: 468 Pounds, Pre Op Diet Weight: 436 Pounds, Surgery Weight: 423 Pounds

Surgery Date 5-13-13 with Dr Roy Cobean Portland Maine.. Casco Bay Surgeries!!!  Wonderful place!!

angelb75
on 7/17/13 1:24 pm

I use e-cigs (or vape-sticks) and so far (knock on wood) I have not had any problems....however I will keep you posted on that.

brenda_m
on 7/17/13 3:23 pm - Renick, WV
RNY on 10/21/13 with

Im a smoker and pre-op. I quit smoking a week and a half ago. Ive been using the E-cig. Its helped alot. But Im trying to wean myself off of it. Its been great for my anxiety and depression. Just to have something in my hand.

Katie K.
on 7/18/13 1:03 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I quit ten years ago. I used the gum. I would go on my breaks and chew the gum. I took something with me (pen, pencil, straw) to fiddle with so my hand had something to do. It helped.

guttedgrace
on 7/18/13 5:27 am
RNY on 05/02/13

This was brought up in a seminar I went to before I got the surgery. The nurse said that we should not even be using e-cigarettes. With the hospital and program I used, patients had to completely quit smoking all together or they wouldn't be able to get the surgery. Other programs could be different though.