Post-Op Compression Socks

Cindy W.
on 8/7/13 2:20 am - Madison, CT
Did you really wer hem for 2 weeks?
poet_kelly
on 8/7/13 2:27 am - OH

I just had the squeezy things on my legs in the hospital.  I didn't have any compression socks at home.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cindy W.
on 8/7/13 7:14 am - Madison, CT
Thanks! My family rented a beach house next week and I am definitely feeling up to going, the socks are standing in the way. The nurses at the hospital think I should go and given the extra walking that I will be fine to have the socks off during the day.

Thanks again!
bwilmot01
on 8/7/13 2:28 am - Old Saybrook, CT

I did.  I guess I was to scared of clots.  I got used to them after awhile.  I am from Old Saybrook, CT

Justcallmesuz
on 8/7/13 2:47 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I didn't wear any.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

JaneJetson60
on 8/7/13 2:51 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Very few people have to wear them at home.  Had the compression ones they use in the hospital.  But if your surgeon wants you to wear them for two weeks then I would do it.    Jane

Karen8268
on 8/7/13 11:15 am - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
2 weeks is nothing!! Our surgeon requires we wear them for 6 weeks post op!! Only off to shower. So glad my surgery was in October, that would totally suck in the summer. Lol
Good luck on your journey!

kinny09
on 8/7/13 11:35 am, edited 8/7/13 11:36 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

I just had them on during surgery, they must have been taken off while I was in the recovery room because once I was moved to my regular hospital room they were off. I had on normal non-skid socks after. I was up and walking around within a few hours though, most have you take them off once you are moving. I think if you're at higher risk for blood clots they may have you wear them longer (clotting disorders, heart issues, over a certain age, level of activity, etc).

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 211 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views