Its not broken and MRI shows nothing. Thoughts about the pic of my ankle.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/9/13 1:05 pm

cellulitis comes to mind, as well as a spider bite? I have had cellulitis and  looked like that but any PCP can recognize that, wow, keep us posted on what you find out, it just looks so painfullllll, Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

leisac
on 8/9/13 1:55 pm - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13

Is it more swollen in comparison to your other leg? Has the redness been like this the whole time or has it gradually crept up the leg? Is it cooler in comparison to your other leg? Looks cellulitic but I suppose it could be vascular.

Leisa

shedevilbecca
on 8/9/13 10:35 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Yes it is way more swollen. I have no swelling in my left leg. The dark red spots have been there  since this started but the whole area turning red like that was new. It actually is slightly warmer then the left.but not by much.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/9/13 8:05 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh my goodness! I have no idea what might be causing it that you have not already checked...but that just LOOKS painful! Cannot imagine how it FEELS!

HUGS TO YOU!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 8/9/13 11:52 pm - NC

I get gout from time to time.  Does it seem to be frozen or difficulty to move in the joint.  It sounds like gout to me.  My ankle swells and gets red and hurts beyond words.  God bless you and I hope you get relief soon.

shedevilbecca
on 8/10/13 12:00 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Thank you. They have done 2 test for gout and both came back negative.

Carol M.
on 8/10/13 3:28 am - TX

A bad sprain can be much worse than a break sometimes and takes a long time to heal. The swelling is probably fluid.  But if it is red  and inflamed it could be turning to cellulitis...fluid accumulation in the tissue that the body has trouble reabsorbing quickly enough.  That usually calls for a round of antibiotics. Once you get that inflammation cleared up, I would think that a walking boot or just wrapping it would give you some extra support while it heals.  If your regular doctor isn't very helpful, find a podiatrist.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Carol , East Texas
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 143 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?