NSVs. She talked about dieting and exercise And. The other flirted New world

Catie780
on 4/16/14 12:55 pm

First.  This was weird for me - hope I can tell it right n make it clear.  I met a mom at my kids sports event who did not know me 77 pounds ago. We started talking and she began telling me about how she had recently gained some weight and was trying to diet. I sat there in shock because when your heavy you don't often have people talk about food, diets and exercises that work. They just don't talk about that stuff with the heavy girl. ----at least that had been my experience. But this mom didn't think of me as a heavier girl. She didn't know me 77 lbs ago. I sat there quietly realizing how new this was for me. Then when I mentioned what my workouts were at the gym and how I run on the treadmill 15 mins on and off I really sounded like one of those gym regulars who are always at the gym. It was so weird for me to be viewed as a gym goer.  

Second.  I was in a coffee shop picking up coffee for a Friend and noticed a girl noticing me. I thought  oh sugar my belly must be showing or my zipper must be open and immediately checked my front ( but a don't have that belly anymore . I had on a fitted wrap top that accentuated my smaller waist and newly lifted girls in my new great fitting bra and flattering black jeans with shiny stones on the pocket ) as she eyed me up n down a little. Then she made A funny joke as I was waiting for my order. I laughed because it was funny and goofily but innocently said oh you - you are so funny. Then I walked away. Well it hit me as I got in the car and thought about how funny she was and how she paid so much attention to me - she was flirting. No it can't be. But then again maybe. Well all of a sudden she comes out of the shop and was looking for me. Hahaha I pulled away as she waved a sweet little wave.  I guess she could see my mom dad n three kids pics on my loser minivan. Lol. I laughed and smiled as I called my BFF to tell her what had happened. Life is so different for me now.  Hope you like my little NSVs. 

JJ0609
on 4/16/14 10:19 pm

I guess losing weight open all sorts of doors. LOL! Enjoy! THANKS FOR SHARING!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 10:45 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

It's amazing how differently people treat others based on their size. Those are definitely fun NSVs!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/17/14 12:59 pm

Skinny -normal people don't talk to larger people about gym or diet because that may seem as they are bragging or whining about "nothing" or they suggest the bigger person to get "moving".   It also masy be viewed as rich person complaining about how much it cost them tyo go on vacation when some average person can't afford rent ..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404