NSV with bling!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 1:23 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I think NSVs are hugely important. It's not just about the scale, although of course that's much of the reason we get WLS. But quality of life is every bit as important IMO, and NSVs are all about that. The little things that make your life better, the things you notice during the day that make you say "Wow, this is working, and it's totally worth it!" I keep a couple of pages in my journal just to jot down NSVs as I notice them, and whenever I feel like I'm not losing quickly enough I go through the list. It helps.

Here's my latest:

Resized bracelet

This is one of the most precious things I own. My husband gave it to me on our first date. While it may seem a bit extravagant for a first date gift, we met online and had been talking to each other for three months before meeting in person, so it wasn't as outlandish as it seems. Anyway, yesterday I had two links taken out of it. I've always loved jewelry, but could never wear much other than earrings because the standard sizing of everything else didn't work for me. This is obviously a men's bracelet, but that's fine, I prefer larger jewelry with bold styling anyway. I put it on during that first date and now I only take it off for surgery. It fits loosely now, the way I prefer to wear it, but not so loosely that it may fall off!

What's your latest NSV? Please share!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Dodgergirl27
on 4/17/14 1:38 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Congrats Pam!  I think that's an awesome NSV.

For me, my latest NSV (I agree with you I try and keep track of them all so that I remember this a journey and not all about the scale, although some days I'm better at that than others) is I went clothes shopping for the first time since surgery last night.  For the first time in years, everything I tried on was too big.  I'm so used to getting something and having to squeeze into it and feeling horrible about myself.  Last night, almost everything I tried on was way to big.  I didn't end up buying anything, but it was fun not buying anything b/c it was all to baggy not too tight!

karenp8
on 4/17/14 2:22 am - Brighton, IL

Those are both great NSVs! My most recent one was being able to lap college students (30+ years younger than me) at a recent Relay for Life event. My list of nsvs lives on my frig so I see it every day.

Tanya S.
on 4/17/14 6:45 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I went to a second hand store this week to pick up a few clothes while I am losing so quickly and found a couple of cute outfits that were two sizes smaller than I was wearing before surgery!

i have been out of town for the past week and half, so I am anxiously waiting on this weekend to wear my new clothes home for my hubby to see!  Even my son (who never notices clothes) said, "mom you look skinny"!

Brimiller808
on 4/18/14 9:41 am, edited 4/18/14 9:42 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13

I actually get a thrill from just picking out an outfit for the day. I no longer have to hide my body with oversized clothing. I'm proud of my body now and love having such a large variety of clothing to choose from!  Let's face it.... It's hard to find cute/stylish clothes in larger sizes. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics