Update

vamicurn
on 4/16/14 10:04 pm

Hello all,

I haven’t been on the site for awhile but felt like I should for some reason today.  Just thought I would share my RNY experience with everybody.  I had my RNY on June 18, 2007.  Best thing I’ve ever done!  Don’t get me wrong, it was a bumpy road during my days in the hospital. The pain was not good but I managed.  I got home and SLOWLY worked my way back to normal.  It has been “A Wonderful Life” since then!!!  I lost to my goal weight and have kept it off since the then!  I occasionally fluctuate 2 or 3 lbs but those pounds have always kept me in check with my goals. I cut back on the carbs and calories when the weight goes up.  I credit my success to the type of surgery that I had.  The RNY made me completely change my eating habits.  I can no longer graze on sugars and breads and other mindless carbs……my weaknesses prior to surgery.  The thought makes me nauseous.  Large amounts of food and then second helpings were also my weakness.  Not a problem now.  I’m doing great and would be glad to offer advice to anybody considering weight loss surgery.  There are pros and cons to all surgeries.  I’m LOVING my choice and YOU need to love your choice!!  

JJ0609
on 4/16/14 10:11 pm

Glad to know you are okay. Take care of yourself. Thanks for the reminder to love and care for myself! All to often I get caught up in tending to others needs and forget to put myself first.   

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

tdbull
on 4/17/14 1:10 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So inspiring to hear how well you are doing so many years out. May I ask you a question on weight bounce back? I am trying to maximize my 'honeymoon phase' and lose as much as I can now, for fear of bounce back? Did you have any weight bounce back and then settling in on your current weight, or have you kept all of your weight off? I actually look fairly gaunt now, which worries my husband, but I try to explain to him that I don't want to gain 15lbs and be miserable, and then not have this phase to work with me to get the excess weight back off.
Congrats on your long term success -

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 1:42 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks for your inspiring post!  Congratulations!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 1:54 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Always good to hear from people who are further out and doing well. Thank you for posting! I'm glad things are going great for you.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 426 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 376 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 231 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics