How often do you weigh yourself?

AnnyBananny
on 4/22/14 10:36 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I've seen this question here on OH several time, but I'd like to get current users take: how often do/did you weigh yourself while actively losing weight? 

How did you decide on your weighing protocol? 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

JJ0609
on 4/22/14 10:43 pm

Even though it is frowned upon by my surgeon and by other vets, I weigh daily. They say weigh weekly if at all once meeting goal. I am trying to reach a goal that I set due to some regain that crept up on me. UUUGGHH! LOL! I am almost there! Yeah!   

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

NDHM
on 4/22/14 11:10 pm

I am just over a year out...The first few months I weighed daily.  Once I reached my first real stall, I got off the scales and weighed every few weeks.  Now, I weigh the 1st of every month for consistency's sake.  I'm losing at a much slower rate and like to see large losses.  It also keeps me from getting discouraged if I hit another stall. 

JJ0609
on 4/22/14 11:16 pm, edited 4/22/14 11:34 pm

This reminded me I haven't weighed and I was up two pounds. Yikes! The scale has to be wrong because I went to bed hungry last night. Or at least I wanted a Questbar or some broccoli and cheese. LOL! I know who craves good stuff! LOL! Weird!  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/23/14 12:18 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am guilty of weighing daily, too.  

My bariatric clinic advises against doing this.  

I have skipped a few times when I was in a "stall" (I've been advised it's not really a stall if it is only a week or ten days) -- 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jazzycatz
on 4/23/14 12:57 am - Joppa, MD

I picked up my system from advice someone gave here. Can't remember who though.

Anyway, I weigh myself several times a week. But Tuesday my "official" weight for the week. That's the one I pay attention too. Tuesday because my surgery was a Tuesday.

ebtiger24
on 4/23/14 12:58 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I weigh daily. I am in maintenance although I am still losing so apparently I am doing that poorly. :-) I  weigh daily for the most part first thing in the morning. I just don't freak out when I weigh more one day. There are so many things that can make your weight fluctuate.  It's just a habit now. If you feel yourself getting worked up over a stall or even a blip up on the scale, then weigh no more than weekly. 

chulbert
on 4/23/14 1:07 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I weigh myself daily but I fully understand how body weight can fluctuate from day to day so I don't get bent out of shape if I'm up from the day prior.  However, Mondays are my official weigh-in day that gets recorded.

Tracy D.
on 4/23/14 1:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I weigh daily because I need the accountability.   However, I'm not one of those people that get depressed or upset if the scale is bouncing around a couple of pounds each day.  It's a daily discipline for me that I need; if I start taking days off of weighing every morning then pretty soon I start doing avoidance and then - boom! - I'm up 5 lbs. before I know it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

tdbull
on 4/23/14 2:02 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I weighed every Sunday while actively trying to lose weight. Now, I am trying to Maintain so I weigh daily, but my official weigh day is still Sunday. I update my ticker and log my Sunday weight in my journal. Yesterday was the first day I showed a 1lb gain, and I have to admit, it freaked me out bc I hadn't really taken in more calories. However, with eating Easter ham for 2 days, I thought it might be the added sodium. So I cut back yesterday, drank more water and the lb is gone this morning. My decision to weigh weekly during weight loss was bc I was getting frustrated when I saw no weight loss. The decision to now weigh daily is so the lbs don't creep up. I want to control it at 1-3lbs, not 5-10lbs.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics