Surgery set for May 5!

snansen
on 4/26/14 12:11 pm - Renton, WA

As each day brings me closer to this life changing surgery I am getting more and more excited. I've been doing well on the pre-op diet, but I look forward to not feeling so hungry!

This next week will be a busy one not only getting ready for the surgery, but also, since I am a teacher I have lesson plans and activities to prepare for a substitute.  I think getting ready for surgery will be easier!

i would love to hear any suggestions for my first couple weeks at home.  Thanks for all the encouragement you have given me.

Sheri

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

¿Qué sería de mí si no fuera por tu gracia y tu amor?

Manny32
on 4/26/14 12:58 pm - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

congratulation on  ur date , when you go to the hospital  take a pillow  it will be handy when you walk in the hospital  pressed to your stomach it will help also when you ride back home ,

at home drink water and walk walk walk and follow your doctor and NUT direction.

snansen
on 4/28/14 4:01 am - Renton, WA

Thank you!  Pillow, check!

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

tdbull
on 4/26/14 2:26 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats on your surgery date. This is my grand daughter's birthday, so it's a magical day, indeed. Anyway, pack for hospital: Gas-X thin strips, chap stick, non-skid slippers or socks so you can walk the halls. At home, if you are on clear liquids, I bought Iso Pure Zero Carb drinks from GNC - apple melon and grape are good flavors. Found I could only drink room temp liquids. The second week I tried some protein drinks, but didn't like any except for Premier Protein shakes from Costco. Again, room temp. I did buy some IsoPure powder, unflavored to add to soups, etc, but didn't like it either. I think I still have 1-2 3lb tubs. Don't buy a lot of anything cuz you may find you just cannot tolerate the taste or texture. Otherwise, make sure you follow your surgeons plan, walk, rest, sip, and get that protein in. Best of luck to you!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

snansen
on 4/28/14 4:04 am - Renton, WA

Thank you so much! I like the Premier shakes also.  I wouldn't have thought of the slippers! 

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 10:29 pm
Lap Band on 05/31/12

Congrats. You will do great

KeishanNYC
on 4/28/14 4:49 am

Congratulations on the surgery !!!  You will do will. As far as the hunger goes, you shouldn't have any which makes things so much easier. You may experience head hunger but hopefully if you just listen to your body, you will be fine. I think you made a great decision and I wish you the best of luck on your new journey.

snansen
on 4/28/14 5:15 am - Renton, WA

Thank you so much for your encouragement!  I appreciate it!

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics