Dr. visit Friday

browneyes65
on 4/26/14 2:55 pm - IN

I went to see my Dr about the problems I was having in the beginning of the week for a few days about the pain on my upper stomach area and in between my breasts and my pain on top of my feet. Well the Dr really was not worried because I was not having pain when I went. I told her I tried to get in when I was having the pain but I had to wait until Friday.I wanted her to know what was going on. She said it was probably something I ate or I pulled a muscle ( Whatever) I should know. I told her I will call again if it happens. As for my foot pain she said I probably had tight shoes, she did not think anything was wrong. I asked about gout and she said I did not have the symtoms because with gout your big toe hurts a lot, I never had gout but I thought I would ask. I asked her about my blood pressure meds if I should still take them because how will I know if my blood pressure is good if I'm still on them and she said I can stop taking them if I want. I don't know what to say to that, should I stop taking or stay on blood pressure meds? try without and keep an eye on it.

mikaboo
on 4/26/14 6:21 pm

Take them , let her tell you don't need it anymore.  Liability issues if you stop on your own. 

Just do it!

Jen Lyn
on 4/26/14 7:52 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

That is such a weird thing for a doc to say.  I don't know what you should do but I wanted you to know that would bug me. I might look for a doc who could get me in WHEN I am hurting.  I have one. To be honest, he orders too many tests because he is a bit worried they are missing something but he sees me same day.

tdbull
on 4/27/14 12:52 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I go thru my PCP, not my bariatric surgeon when it comes to weaning off any meds. She is the one *****ally knows my history. I also have a bp monitor at home - they are so inexpensive now that anyone can have one. I took my pressure about 3 times a day, for 2 weeks, and sent my PCP these results. She reviewed and when time, suggested I stop taking my meds and keep monitoring afterward.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

browneyes65
on 4/27/14 3:09 am - IN

I was thinking about getting off them for a few weeks too, I was going to check my blood pressure and see how it is. I don't know why my Dr would leave that decision to me.  They didn't even have it checked at Dr appointment. How crazy is that !

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics