MIssion Complete

tiffjomo
on 4/28/14 12:35 pm
RNY on 04/28/14

After years of research and months of tests and meeting required goals...I had my RNY this morning at 7am. I have had the most wonderful experiences today. Loved all the great nurses and staff that helped me today. I had peace today as I arrived for surgery. I have been praying for peace and God definitely delivered. I do find that I have achy pain on my left side, but walking has helped tremendously. My husband has been an amazing help today. I hope that my experience her tomorrow is just as pleasant. I do not have a drain, but still have my catheter. I have successfully been able to drink about 4oz of water each hour to help with constipation from the pain medication. 

I had read many success stories and many horror stories of people's accounts on the day of their surgery. I have nothing but positive things to say. I was very well prepared as to what to expect. My advice to anyone still waiting to have the surgery, is to listen to all preoperative instruction, do not cheat on your liquid diet, if you ar4 placed on one. It is a wonderful was to not only shrink your liver, but also to kick start your weight loss. I had been on mine since April and was able to successful loose 32 lbs with assistance of working out at home. I admit that there were many temptations, but as I struggled with them, I would look up outfits that I aspired to wear one day. That was all I needed to stay on track.

I appreciate this site, as I am able to get amazing advice and support as I have began my journey to a healthier me!

The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength with in you! We can do this!

tdbull
on 4/28/14 12:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congratulations and welcome to the Loser's Bench. Your pre op weight loss is terrific!!! Seems like you are doing great post op. There was no way that I could have posted the day of surgery - my mind was just jello and fog. Can't wait to hear your recovery journey. Take Care!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

selhard
on 4/28/14 1:29 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Your words sound like you are in a wonderful state of euphoria--relief, reborn, and grateful.  Yep, don't we know.  Yay second chances.

Manny32
on 4/28/14 1:37 pm - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

Congratulation , and lucky you that dont have a drain heheheheheh

i did have a drain but lucky me it did not hurt when my doctor took it out it was all professional. 

tiffjomo
on 4/28/14 2:12 pm
RNY on 04/28/14

I have a wonderful surgeon. He does the leak tests in the OR. I am still a little foggy at times, but resting when I can. I just can't seem to have enough ice. I am eating about 3-4 oz an hour. My nurse just said that it is fine. Praying tomorrow is just as productive. Thank you everyone for the support.

The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength with in you! We can do this!

JLS_NJ
on 4/28/14 8:18 pm
RNY on 10/15/13

I love this site too! 

Happy New Journey!  I ignore the horror stories, don't borrow tomorrow's problems.  One day at a time, one step at a time, one ounce at a time. 

So excited each time I read about someone just having surgery. 

Enjoy the journey, walk & pray. 

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

karenp8
on 4/28/14 10:53 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear surgery went well and you are on the losers bench now. With the positive affirming attitude and desire to succeed you are sure to do well! Get ready for an amazing journey!!

Marilyn101
on 4/29/14 10:33 am - FL

Congratulation's!!!!!!! I am so excited for you.. stay strong and continue to move forward.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 170 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?