Recipe Alert: Homemade Chicken Pot Pies in Ramekins

Blackbird1987
on 4/29/14 7:51 am

Want moist chicken?

Want to get in your veggies?

Want to control your portions?

This may be the recipe for you :) 

In an effort to get creative in the kitchen and to still feed my loved ones delicious and healthy meals, I have been in experimenting mode :)

Tonights dinner was SUPER easy and while I only ate a portion of it, I froze the rest and my fiance has a delicious dinner for when he gets home tonight.

You can use whatever veggies you'd like, I used corn, green beans, peas, carrots, onions and added the chicken

Recipe: 

3 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used imitation butter… the healthy stuff) 

1 small yellow onion minced

1 stalk celery thinly sliced 

2 carrots diced medium

5 tbs all-purpose flour (this is just to make the gravy so you can substitute low carb baking mix or your choice)

2 cups chicken broth (I used low fat low sodium, just one can which is 1.8 cups)

1/3lb green beans cut into 1 inch pieces (I used a frozen veggie steamer bag super easy and already cut)

2 cups diced cooked chicken

salt and pepper 

Puff pastry or phyllo dough just to cover the top of the ramekins (depending if you can handle it, it breaks apart really well like toast  and you can also just peel it off after they are cooked) *beat 1 egg and brush the tops before baking for a golden brown crust*

In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, celery and carrots and coo****il onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in green beans and chicken (whatever other veggies you want) and season with salt and pepper.

Divide filling among four 8-ounce ramekins. Roll out 1 sheet puff pastry and cut 4 rounds to fit ramekins. Cut a small X in center of each to vent, then place on top of filling. Brush with beaten egg. Bake at 375 degrees until filling is bubbling and crust is golden, 30 to 40 minutes.

Bon Appetite! 

Ready4Change1219
on 4/29/14 8:10 am

Yum! thanks for sharing as always :)

SkinnyScientist
on 4/29/14 11:38 pm

heck yes!

I am going to print this out!

Where is phyllo in the grocery store?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Blackbird1987
on 4/29/14 11:45 pm

In the frozen food section by the frozen pies or cakes. It comes in a thin box…. They will have Phyllo and Puff Pastry there . Yum!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views