Worried about stretching my pouch by reverting to old habits

lawdawg5295
on 4/30/14 5:59 am

I had my surgery on January 6, 2014.  I feel myself "grazing" and not measuring and weighing food.  I need some help from other post op people.  I have gone from 233 lbs to 192.  Haven't lost this week- hence my fear.  This emotional eating stinks!!  Anyone else struggling?  

Misty Morgan
on 4/30/14 6:55 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13

It only gets harder the further out you get.  My advice is to stop grazing and adopt a better eating plan.  I eat three meals and three snacks each day.  They are spaced about 3 hours apart.  I have lost 173 lbs in a year and plan to keep at it.  

Try not to freak out over stalls.  They are very normal and all part of the process.  A true stall lasts 3 weeks or so though.  One week isn't anything to be worried about. 

JJ0609
on 4/30/14 7:09 am

You are still too early to have stretched your pouch. You know you should not be grazing so stop! Measure your food! Get your protein and water in and keep them up as high as you can get them. How far apart are you eating? What is your doctor's plan for you? Are you allowed three meals and snacks or do you have no snacks in your plan? Whichever plan you have you need to re-read it and stick to it! You will feel better doing so and you will lose weight.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

tdbull
on 4/30/14 7:56 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
From what I understand, it takes repeated overeating to stretch your pouch. BUT, I agree with others, you will need to get your grazing under control, weigh and measure your food, and use something like myfitnesspal to log every morsel that passes your lips. You need to develop good eating habits now in order to sustain the loss you achieve. I know that when I get bored, I tend to eat more often, so this is what I have been working on so I don't slip back. I write in my journal, start exercising, call a friend, go for a drive, shop, anything not to eat. We all will need to substitute other good habits and behaviors to replace our overeating and grazing. Best of luck to you. You can do this.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cunning_Pam
on 4/30/14 7:57 am
RNY on 12/18/13

You already know what to do: Stop grazing. Go back to weighing and measuring, and be honest with yourself. Track your intake. Yes, it's hard to deal with head hunger, but you can learn strategies to help you cope. Keep yourself busy enough to keep urges to eat at bay, and eat your dense protein to keep yourself feeling full.

It's a daily struggle, and I feel for myself that it probably always will be. But you can do it...WE can do it!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

lawdawg5295
on 4/30/14 8:58 am

Thanks guys.  I needed a kick in the butt!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 332 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?