I've lost almost 300 pounds so far. I've finally met my goal:)

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/14 7:05 am - Tampa, FL

Hi Everyone:) So far, I've lost almost 300 pounds. I was 425 pounds and now I'm 145. I'd like to stay at this weight.

When I was 425, I didn't see a way out. I didn't image I'd be in the 140's like I am now. I'd hoped one day I'd be under 400; maybe 399. When I saw 399 on that scale, I rejoiced like I hadn't in ages!

At some point, when I felt as though people were giving up on me, I realized I'd really given up on myself.  One day I was sitting in my comfy chair, the only chair I could fit into, the place where I remained all day, each day, and my father and I were talking about weight loss; a subject that always made me uncomfortable. I thought, "One day I'll lose weight," but did I believe it? Did I really think I'd lose weight? I'll call it an unsecured promised to myself. I had nothing to base it on. I had nothing invested in it. Just an empty promise. He said to me, "You've given up." Given up? How could he say that? His hurtful word**** me like a ton of bricks! I weighed almost a 1/4 of a TON, at that point, but how dare someone think I'd given up. Because one day, I'd lose weight. One day...

Have you ever heard someone say what they'd do once they win the lottery? 'One day, when I win the lottery I'll buy a mansion in the hills, a Lamborghini Diablo, homes for my kids, pay off all my bills,'  and the list goes on. This was the same frame of mind I had during this point of my life. I had the same chance of winning the lottery as I did losing weight. One day.... if I'm lucky, I won't be in the 400's anymore.

Yesterday,  while having coffee on the patio, as we often do, my dad told me he remembered me being so excited! I came to him and revealed that I was now 414 pounds. I was thrilled; beyond thrilled. It was like I'd been given a gift.

There's so much to reveal from this part of my life that its difficult to break it all down into bite sized pieces, but I will. In time.

My best friend, who I rarely saw due to my inability to move much and other reasons that I'll divulge as time progresses, was in my corner rooting me on and not passing judgement. We all need that, but the words of determination became less frequent as I sunk deeper and deeper into my comfy chair; as the springs and cushions began to wear down. But because my father  and a couple other important people in my life, either told me they were about to give up on me, or that I had given up on myself, it made me a stronger, more determined person.

Losing weight, or just wanting it to happen, was always at the forefront of my mind. Well, FOOD, was at the forefront, but losing weight was my WISH. I needed it to go FROM A WISH & A DREAM TO A GOAL.  I knew, at the very least, I could do ONE thing at a time. If I could accomplish ONE thing per week, or even per month toward making weight loss a reality, I'd have taken a HUGE step toward becoming the healthier person I hoped I'd be.

I work well using lists, so I made a list.  To be continued....

Very sincerely

Marcy Palmeri

[email protected]

http://theofficialjustsaywhenblog.wordpress.com/    (A FREE BLOG) It's just me telling my story... a work in progress

JJ0609
on 4/30/14 7:11 am

GOOD FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

karenp8
on 4/30/14 7:20 am - Brighton, IL

Your story sounds so familiar. Even though not as large as you at 260+ pounds,I had given up on life. I didn't realize how much I had stopped doing until the weight started coming off and I could be more active again. You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story!!

hop2bthin
on 4/30/14 7:22 am - Florence, AL

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

hop2bthin

doloresd
on 4/30/14 7:33 am - FL

Wonderful, congratulations!

tdbull
on 4/30/14 7:52 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
What a HUGE accomplishment, and one that you should be so proud of. Your story is so inspiring, that we can lose large amounts of weight and keep it off. WHOOP WHOOP. I looked at your photo album = AMAZING!!! Congrats to you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cunning_Pam
on 4/30/14 7:54 am
RNY on 12/18/13

What a great story! So much to relate to in there. I do hope you'll continue to tell us about how your journey progressed, I'd love to hear more.

Congratulations on making such a huge change in your life, and thank you for the inspiration!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Kimberly K.
on 4/30/14 8:01 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Marcy, you are my hero. There are so many heroes here and you are one of them. Very happy for you.

Kim K.    

baepage
on 4/30/14 8:02 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

What an amazing story.  I don't know you, but I am proud of you!!! 

Barbara

Ready4Change1219
on 4/30/14 8:15 am

truly an amazing story, very much needed in a time ive given up and doubt myself. Thank you for sharing.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Forum Search Error & 404