Clothes I bought on a hope and a prayer ~~~

alaskasusan
on 5/3/14 9:00 am, edited 5/3/14 9:01 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Well, late last summer (I was about 5 months out), I found some beautiful spring/summer dresses on sale at $9.00 each at a pretty nice store in downtown Anchorage.  I put them away thinking I would hope to wear them in 2014 or 2015.  Fast forward to April 2014.  I retired in May (yippee) from the phone company where I was a switch programmer, and NEVER wore anything but dresses.  Big dresses and not many of them because I did not want a big wardrobe and I live pretty simply anyway.  They wanted me last week and next to do some contract work so I pulled out my pretty, new spring dresses and....(insert drumroll here) each time I put on one for the day, I find it fits me beautifully.  I wish I had a way to get a picture taken so I could post...I'll see if my son will do that for me so I can load up a couple here.  They are so sweet and summery and flattering.  And I just cannot believe that it's ME wearing those pretty things! People at work are just so happy seeing me small and wearing pretty clothes after years of being neat, tidy, and not wearing anything very lovely ~

One more funny thing, I'm working with a couple other contractors from out of state that I've never met before and they are always offering me goodies "because you are so thin"  Ha!  I just smile and say thank you and move on but that's just another lovely happening. 

Did I ever mention how happy I am that I had WLS!!:  :)

mimiof2wins
on 5/3/14 9:28 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Hurrah! Congrats, that's got to be a great feeling.

katekeeler
on 5/3/14 9:38 am - Canada

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Caroline K.
on 5/3/14 11:09 pm

Congratulations!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Cunning_Pam
on 5/3/14 11:39 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Congratulations! That must be a wonderful feeling, to be able to buy clothes "on spec" and then have them fit so well!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Healthyjourney
on 5/4/14 4:51 am

That's great and I did the same thing. I bought clothes marked down with the intention of wearing them in about a year! Crazy but I had the same good fortune.  It's a great feeling when you pull one out just wondering if its going to fit and it ends up looking great. Congratulations on your weight loss success. I am always trying to get people like you that have walked the walk(had RNY) to share their success with others on my web site where I am trying to offer information and inspiration to those who are thinking about weight loss surgery or to those who have had it and just need a little encouragement. If you would please go there and add your photos and a little about your weight loss journey it would be nice. Thanks http://www.gastric-bypass-journey.com/before-and-after-gastr ic-bypass.html

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics