Severe diarrhea for 4 days..... should I be seen?

Momma1991
on 5/10/14 2:48 pm, edited 5/10/14 2:49 pm - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I have been suffering from explosive diarrhea for 4 days now. Nothing I do is stopping it or calming it down. It's some kind of bug or something because two other people in the house have caught this, but they are over it now and didn't have it as severe as I do. I do not have any other symptom but stomach rumbling and severe explosive diarrhea. No sickly feeling like you would have with the normal "stomach bug". I have crapped my pants now 3 times. I am not sleeping well because of this. When I do fall asleep I am interrupted to run to the bathroom. Eating anything, crackers, jello,  dry toast and any other bland food seems to make the diarrhea worse. Same goes with any kind of liquid I drink to stay hydrated.  Since Friday night I have taken 24 Imodium pills and here I am 24 pills later, still having severe explosive diarrhea.  I called my doctor and he told me to continue the BRAT diet and to continue taking the Imodium and that I need to call my primary doctor cause this isn't his type of thing he takes care of.  I am running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Should I go to the E.R. and be seen? If so, how do I not crap my pants while I wait to be seen? Or should I wait it out and see what happens?

Oh I had surgery 13 months ago......

poet_kelly
on 5/11/14 12:02 am - OH

So your doctor didn't think you needed to go to the ER?  You can go anyway, of course. But unless you're dehydrated, I'd probably wait until morning and see your doc in the office then.  In the meantime, you can wear a sanitary pad or even buy some Depends to protect your pants.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics