Rumor about me having WLS? I tell anyone who asks. It is NOT a secret.

Jen Lyn
on 5/17/14 11:46 am
RNY on 11/11/13

My daughter got a call from a girl she hasn't seen in a year asking if the rumor I had weight loss surgery was true.
She wanted to know if I was bad off like everyone else who had it. I am a success so far with no complications.  It is so weird to me that she asked my daughter.

My daughter's friend has a mother who HATES fat and now that I have lost a bunch of weight wants to be a part of my success. She calls and asks me how much I have lost and how I am doing.  She tells everyone how great I am doing and how I took charge of my health and becoming the person I was meant to be.

Is it just me who finds both reactions weird?  Why do people I am not close to even care?

I am so glad to be free from so many medical issues. 

martitalinda
on 5/17/14 8:49 pm

People will always talk, that which they do and that which they don't know about you ... I brush those things off and don't even give it/them an audience ... enjoy your success and do YOU and let the weirdo's fuel your determination to remain successful... CONGRATS on your awesome journey...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Gwen M.
on 5/18/14 1:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

People can be so frustrating. 

I have a group of people "in" my life who have decided that since I got WLS it means that I've lied about everything in my life prior. I guess since it's an online group they just assumed I wasn't obese, because I've always been happy about my life, so now that I got WLS that somehow made me a liar?  I don't get people at all. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 336 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 91 views
Recent Topics