I've locked myself in the bathroom....

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/24/14 12:40 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Hello my bariatric buddies. happy Memorial Day weekend! I am currently locked in my relatives bathroom. Every single food item here is what contributed to my morbid obesity ! Sadly,  I came over here with my cousin. I knew I should have driven my own car. Its so hard. Harder than I could've imagined. I tried some rib and almost ate half! I guess my appetite came back. ..... or maybe it's because I haven't kicked the habit of eating these foods. :-(:-(:-(

tdbull
on 5/24/14 1:26 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
We didn't have surgery on our heads. We all have triggers, both occasions and foods that try to trip us up. I hope you're out of the bathroom and trying to enjoy the social side of Memorial Day. Why don't you allow yourself to have tastes of what you REALLY want, eat consciously and feel when you are satisfied, then push the plate away. It's an ongoing struggle to deal with emotional side of food, which is at least what caused my obesity. I deal with it every waking moment. Take it one moment at a time and you'll get thru this.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/24/14 2:22 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Thank you so Much!  I just let my head get too overwhelmed. Slow and steady:-) 

Eggface
on 5/24/14 1:38 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope they have some good magazines ;) 

Next time I'd bring something for everyone to enjoy that you love... so you are certain of something healthy and on your plan to eat. Who knows you may get them hooked on it.

There are a few foods I decided to eliminate from my post op life... very few but many of them are present at parties and events. I don't do the few bites thing because sooner than you'd like a few bites becomes many bites (physically) so those few things are just not food to me anymore which I think helps... I don't crave them, they just aren't my food. Everyone's journey is different... that works for me. 

Go out, sit with your back to the buffet and remember why you started. 

~Shell

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/24/14 2:23 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with

That's an interesting way of looking at it, "not my food anymore". I guess with some of the foods I just have to accept that fact.  Thank you! 

MickeyDee
on 5/24/14 3:48 pm

There's nothing wrong with a serving of BBQ;  just stop when your nose starts to run, and then enjoy all the family.  That's what the gathering is all about, anyway.

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/25/14 12:50 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by when my nose starts to run,  but regardless, I did enjoy myself!

JLS_NJ
on 5/25/14 1:14 am
RNY on 10/15/13

Can you explain about the running nose comment.  Since surgery my nose constantly runs.  

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/25/14 1:28 am
RNY on 12/18/13

After WLS, many people find that they get a runny nose when their pouch is full. Some people sneeze or hiccup. It has to do with the vagus nerve.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

rvtisme
on 5/25/14 2:12 am
RNY on 12/16/13

GO GIANTS!

my nose starts to run, even when I'm not full, wonder why some foods just trigger it?

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views