What's on the menu today, RNYers? (Sunday)

Cunning_Pam
on 5/25/14 1:35 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning folks! I don't see another WOTMTR post here for today, so I'll get it going.

It's a cold, grey, rainy day here today. I hope it's warmer and sunnier wherever you are!

Been to the gym already today, did strength training and a smidgen of cardio. I'm feeling supremely unmotivated regarding my exercise lately, so I count it as a victory that I managed to drag my lazy carcass to the gym at all! Water is at about 70 ounces at this point. Supplements are on track. Food looks like this:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Prairie Farms - Large Curd Cottage Cheese, 3/4 Cup 150 6 7 18 675 6  
Jay Robb's - Whey Protein, Vanilla, 10 g 37 0 0 8 50 0  
Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Hearts (Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds), 1 Tablespoons (30g) 57 1 4 3 0 0  
  244 7 11 29 725 6  
Lunch
Boars Head Maple Turkey - Deli Turkey Slices, 3 ounces 105 3 1 21 660 3  
Nature Sweet - Grape Tomatoes, 6 tomatoes 13 2 0 1 0 1  
Cauliflower - Raw, 0.25 cup 6 1 0 0 8 1  
  124 6 1 22 668 5  
Dinner
Schnucks - Saratoga Ribeye Steak, 4 oz 180 0 9 24 70 0  
Green Beans - Steamed, 31.25 g (1 cup) 11 3 0 1 0 1  
  191 3 9 25 70 1  
Snacks
Lorraine - Lacey Swiss Cheese, 1 oz. slice (28g) 110 0 9 7 75 0  
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg 80 0 6 7 80 0  
Hellman's - Mayonnaise, 1 tbsp (13 g) 90 0 10 0 90 0  
Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 0.5 cup, chopped or diced 116 0 2 22 52 0  
  396 0 27 36 297 0  

Totals 955 16 48 112 1,760 12  
Your Daily Goal 1,247 31 41 187 2,300 56

As the daughter and daughter-in-law of Veterans, I hope you'll take the time to at least quietly appreciate a Vet over this Memorial Day weekend. I'm not a jingoistic flag-waver, but the very real cost that so many have paid in order to ensure our way of life is sobering and worthy of note and appreciation. Thank you, Dad (Korea) and Dad (WWII) for your service.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

rvtisme
on 5/25/14 2:34 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Morning Pam,

Friday I ate so horribly, mostly carbs, sat was a so so day, but didn't get all my protein in. I try for 110 at least, but was only able to swing in 57. UGH.

I need to start planning my meals again, this has ALWAYS helped. Don't know why I stopped, laziness probably. Okay so on for today's menu

Breakfast: protein shake, premier chocolate

Lunch: egg salad, (2 eggs,light mayo), slice of sourdough

Dinner: taco salad - lean ground beef 3 oz, cheddar cheese 1 oz, shredded lettuce,tomato, green chile sauce, black beans. NO tortilla 

snacks: depends on protein numbers, but may have low fat string cheese and apple

have a great Sunday everyone. Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Dad - Marine: "Once a Marine, always a Marine"

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

karenp8
on 5/25/14 3:03 am - Brighton, IL

Rainy here too Pam. No walk with Lily this morning and we are both sad! On track with vitamins and fluids so far. B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 banana with peanut butter S whole wheat crackers with peanut butter L shrimp and 1/2 c coleslaw D left over shrimp and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. Doing 20 minutes on the bike in a minute and will do 30 minutes on the treadmill this evening after I get home from the party. Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 5/25/14 3:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi friends! Sorry to hear that your weather is not cooperating on this holiday weekend :( here in DC I am sorry to report that the weather is perfect. 78 and sunny. I am poolside as I type. I also got up and went to the gym this morning and did 50 mins cardio and 10 minutes strength training. Like you, Pam, I lay in bed contemplating it for quite a while before dragging my butt up!

B: a tiny bit of leftover tofu and cauliflower mash and green curry sauce. Pouch wasn't having it. 

S: after the gym I had a syntrax nectar cappucino shake 

s2: I just had a quarter cup of almonds

l: the pool bar will serve lunch at 3 so my friends can order food. I brought a cooler bag with tuna fish made with light mayo and dill relish

D: eating out tonight and will order shrimp fajitas

1sr batch of vitamins in and 40 Oz of water in. 

Totals today will be 900 calories,81 G protein, 31 g carbs. 

Happy Memorial Day to all of you!

JJ0609
on 5/25/14 4:37 am, edited 5/25/14 4:45 am

Hey Pam! What is a WOTMTR post? Glad everyone is up and posting. I am eating Questbars for my meals and having a Starbuck's light frappucino and a medium McCafe sugar free French vanilla iced coffee for the next bit until I get rid of the Questbars.  I want to get them out of the house so I am pawning them off on everybody and going to budget for them in my menus. I am going to find a way a better way of indulging in them while being healthier. LOL! I have lost my way the passed few months and trying to find my way back to real food and real eating. I have to rid my house of this stuff first.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 5/25/14 6:26 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi Sara! I was referring to the What's On The Menu Today RNYers post. 

Have a great day!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

JJ0609
on 5/25/14 7:39 pm

LOL!  Sorry! I did not get it!A big  DUH!  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Candy V.
on 5/25/14 4:58 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

This is the first time ever I have GREAT weather in Northern Michigan while some don't. Lol. Sunny and 81 !!!!

I have a graduation open house this evening, so will grab dinner there.  I always seem to be able to find something.  I am bringing some deviled eggs so worse case I will have a couple of those. 

B. 2 cups coffee. Boiled egg w salt

L. lemon protein tea while moral mushroom hunting w my sister for 2 hours.

S. Babybel light, and lc light cheeses w reduced fat wheat thins.

D. At open house ??

S. Mint cookie shake w almond milk 

doing better w planning today :)

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

AnnyBananny
on 5/25/14 5:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey all, it's sounds like even with some of us not having nice weather for this holiday weekend, people are mostly staying on track and doing well. Though I thought I was suffering from allergies, I'm coming around to thinking that this might be a plain old head cold and it's really got me beat! As I mentioned yesterday, I puked up dinner on Thursday AND Friday, though not cold related, and my steps were waaaaay down Thursday-Saturday, but I'm back in the game today!

Started out the day at the Y on the elliptical. I basically thinking MFP is insane with its burned calorie estimates - 466 calories burned for 30 minutes on the elliptical? This sounds VERY high to me. Since working out, I've been on a mission - to find Syntrax Matrix in Peanut Butter Cookie and to find inexpensive capris that fit me. Well I scored only on the capris. After hitting up the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC, I guess I'll just have to order it online - damnit! I stopped at Target, Old Navy, Walmart, Burlington, and Marshalls and got some good sales. I ended up with 3 new pairs of capris (two I can wear to work) and 3 or 4 new tops. The best part? All the pants are 16s! What?!

Time since surgery: 9 weeks

Pre Gym snack: Babybel lite

B: 3oz greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon wheat germ

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: Flatout pizza with turkey pepperoni (currently addicted to this meal and with 150 calories, 17g of protein, 10 carbs I'm ok with that)

D: I don't know yet! I can't get my act together to plan something....

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

TOTALS (w/o dinner of course): Calories 463, protein 80, Carbs 18, Fat 12

E: elliptical and lots of steps!

W: at 55oz for the day, which is good for me at this time

V: On track!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Grandmaneice
on 5/25/14 11:53 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I too am 9 weeks out and needing new clothes, I went to a second hand store called Savers.  Got some nice things where I paid, no more than $5 each, and most of my purchases, I got 30-40% off of that too.  Could not pass that up!  If you are like me, it seems like every week, something is too big for me.

guess I should add what I ate today, breakfast was body fortress shake, lunch was like a third of a plain burger, used reduced sugar ketchup and half deviled egg made with reduced fat hellmans and about a teaspoon of baked beans.  Dinner was 1 deviled egg, snack was butterscotch protein pudding, I made to take to family cookout.  All vitamins taken, drank 8 cups of water.

have a good rest of the holiday weekend.  Thanks to all our veterans!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics