Dizziness, Nausea, Fainting....Oh My!

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/5/14 4:33 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Hello my bariatric buddies,  I am 2 1/2 months out from my RNY. I get nausea spells almost every day.  About a week ago     I started getting very dizzy getting up from sitting poison or standing to long.  I get tunnel vision when I stand too long also.  I fainted today.  Luckily my mother was with me.  I remember standing up but nothing else after.  I eat about 70 grams of protein a day and take in about 80 ounces of water. I am currently waiting on the nurse to call me back.  Has anyone else experienced this madness? I'm a little worried. ..

jazzycatz
on 6/5/14 5:15 am - Joppa, MD

You didn't gie us a ton of information to go on but when I had similiar problems my blood pressure was too low. Where you being treated for high BP post op?

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/5/14 8:40 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

i was treated for high blood pressure! How long did this last for you?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/14 6:07 am

Orthostatic hypotension. Very typical for those who lose weight rapidly. 

You probably not getting enough sodium and other minerals.  You need more salt. if yu drink water but not getting enough sodium - you getting physically dehydrated. Salt and minerals keep the water in out bodies.. 

as we lose weight - there is not as much pressure on our veins and they get "bigger".Until the body realizes what is going on and start shrinking it - it is like not enough volume of blood (not enough salt) in veins that are too big for that volume.. 

Eventually we get much better. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/5/14 8:42 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

That makes sense. I haven't been consuming much salt because of fears surrounding water retention. Thanks!

Sherrie P.
on 6/5/14 12:27 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Vasovagal response.... 

Don't lock your knees when standing. Get up slowly.

HYDRATE!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/5/14 1:06 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with
It's crazy how so Much changes as a result of rapid weight loss. Thanks for the advice!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?